+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got ITA but no idea HOW!?

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
**I've posted this in the "Express Entry in a nutshell" Thread as well, as i dont know where it's more appropriate to make this post**

Hey guys, i'll try to keep this concise so that you will be able to help me more effectively.

A) I submitted my file on 3rd of October 2016. My points were 406 (initially 411 but i lost 5 points due to age), until yesterday.
B) I updated my profile yesterday. I only updated my Canadian education section, which was supposed to get me 30 additional points.
C) Till yesterday, i was getting zero points for Canadian WE, since 6 months of my work done done under my own Inc-operation.

Now, today my file got updated and BOOM! I got an ITA and now my points are 526! Before you congratulate me, i've to say that i'm super confused as to how this happened so i'm sharing some details so that you can help me.

The letter says, "Based on the information you provided us in your Express Entry profile, we are pleased to invite you to apply for
permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class".

Additional points are as follows:
CRS – Human Capital – Canadian Work Experience: Earlier= 0, now =40. ( I've worked for my own Inc (for 6 months out of 12 months required) but i did not check the "self-employed" box at the bottom, since technically i'm working for an Incorporation. I'm calling them on the phone to see if they can clarify if i messed this up or not, but please guide me.)

CRS – Skill Transferability – Education: Earlier=25, now= 50. (No idea why the points jumped since my IELTS was not 8/7/7/7, but 8/6.5/7.5/7.5.)

CRS – Skill Transferability – Foreign Work Experience: Earlier=25, now =50. (No idea how and why. I've 4 years of WE but i was only getting 25 points, since i had 8/6.5/7.5/7.5 in IELTS. I was told here that for me to get 50 points, i'll need 8/7/7/7. So this makes no sense to me)

CRS – Canadian Education- Earlier= 0, now = 30. (this makes sense after recent rules change).

So, i should be happy but i'm more confused than happy right now.

Suggestions/ ideas/ thoughts?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
asd1985 said:
**I've posted this in the "Express Entry in a nutshell" Thread as well, as i dont know where it's more appropriate to make this post**

Hey guys, i'll try to keep this concise so that you will be able to help me more effectively.

A) I submitted my file on 3rd of October 2016. My points were 406 (initially 411 but i lost 5 points due to age), until yesterday.
B) I updated my profile yesterday. I only updated my Canadian education section, which was supposed to get me 30 additional points.
C) Till yesterday, i was getting zero points for Canadian WE, since 6 months of my work done done under my own Inc-operation.

Now, today my file got updated and BOOM! I got an ITA and now my points are 526! Before you congratulate me, i've to say that i'm super confused as to how this happened so i'm sharing some details so that you can help me.

The letter says, "Based on the information you provided us in your Express Entry profile, we are pleased to invite you to apply for
permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class".

Additional points are as follows:
CRS – Human Capital – Canadian Work Experience: Earlier= 0, now =40. ( I've worked for my own Inc (for 6 months out of 12 months required) but i did not check the "self-employed" box at the bottom, since technically i'm working for an Incorporation. I'm calling them on the phone to see if they can clarify if i messed this up or not, but please guide me.)

CRS – Skill Transferability – Education: Earlier=25, now= 50. (No idea why the points jumped since my IELTS was not 8/7/7/7, but 8/6.5/7.5/7.5.)

CRS – Skill Transferability – Foreign Work Experience: Earlier=25, now =50. (No idea how and why. I've 4 years of WE but i was only getting 25 points, since i had 8/6.5/7.5/7.5 in IELTS. I was told here that for me to get 50 points, i'll need 8/7/7/7. So this makes no sense to me)

CRS – Canadian Education- Earlier= 0, now = 30. (this makes sense after recent rules change).

So, i should be happy but i'm more confused than happy right now.

Suggestions/ ideas/ thoughts?
Please try CRS tool and see if the score matches your profile score.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
thinkshady said:
Please try CRS tool and see if the score matches your profile score.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Thanks! i did. so if i count my "Canadian WE" as one year, the scores match (526). If i count it as under 1 year, score drops to 436. So the question boils down to this: does working for an Inc. that you founded, count as WE or not?
I've not checked the "self employed" box as technically, i'm incorporated. I called them but they wont answer any questions regarding EE on the phone. How can i get this clarified officially?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
asd1985 said:
Thanks! i did. so if i count my "Canadian WE" as one year, the scores match (526). If i count it as under 1 year, score drops to 436. So the question boils down to this: does working for an Inc. that you founded, count as WE or not?
I've not checked the "self employed" box as technically, i'm incorporated. I called them but they wont answer any questions regarding EE on the phone. How can i get this clarified officially?
Are you the sole owner of your corporation?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Generally, a business owner is considered self-employed, even if you are an employee of your own corporation. It might depend on the % of ownership (not sure how much that might be).

Consider who would write your letter of employment - you? Your dad? That would be self-employment :) : )

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
jes_ON said:
Generally, a business owner is considered self-employed, even if you are an employee of your own corporation. It might depend on the % of ownership (not sure how much that might be).

Consider who would write your letter of employment - you? Your dad? That would be self-employment :) : )
I get what you're saying; i wish they had clarified this self-employment Vs. Inc-operation thing somewhere. Now i have an ITA which i'll have to turn down, and i'm turning it down not based on concrete info, but on an estimate. :'(

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
asd1985 said:
I get what you're saying; i wish they had clarified this self-employment Vs. Inc-operation thing somewhere. Now i have an ITA which i'll have to turn down, and i'm turning it down not based on concrete info, but on an estimate. :'(
Why don't you go and see some qualified professional. They can review your docs and advice you accordingly.