+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got ITA and a job offer in Quebec. Can I apply for work permit along with PR?

maddy4u123

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Glasgow
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
Hello experts,

Need help on my typical condition. I got an ITA through March 1st draw and in the process of collecting documents. I will be mostly submitting e-APR by mid of April.

I got a job offer from a company at Gatineau, Quebec. Please note Gatineau is across bridge from Ottawa and many ppl who reside at Ottawa work at Gatineau. If I go ahead and accept job offer at this company, then they might apply for an LMIA and after that they may ask me to apply for a temporary foreign worker visa. However, by the time this happens, my PR application will be under process.

Will my PR application be rejected under the grounds that i have mentioned that I will reside outside of Quebec in PR application, but by making temporary foreign worker visa for a Quebec job, I am actually saying i will live and work at Quebec.

One argument i can take though is I can say i will reside at Ottawa and commute to Quebec in case of PR application. Of course, I can refrain myself from making a temporary foreign worker visa as well if it is going to create complication..

Please advise???

maddy4u123

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Glasgow
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
Please note i got an ITA under FSW category and I am *OUTSIDE* of canada

StonicStone

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017 (Passed: 20-04-2017)
It would be a safer way to proceed with temporary work permit and then go ahead for PR under CEC (dual intent)
Express Entry FSW-O stream does not apply to Quebec even though practically you can move and work anywhere within Canada upon landing as PR under FSW-O.

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019
Hello experts,

Need help on my typical condition. I got an ITA through March 1st draw and in the process of collecting documents. I will be mostly submitting e-APR by mid of April.

I got a job offer from a company at Gatineau, Quebec. Please note Gatineau is across bridge from Ottawa and many ppl who reside at Ottawa work at Gatineau. If I go ahead and accept job offer at this company, then they might apply for an LMIA and after that they may ask me to apply for a temporary foreign worker visa. However, by the time this happens, my PR application will be under process.

Will my PR application be rejected under the grounds that i have mentioned that I will reside outside of Quebec in PR application, but by making temporary foreign worker visa for a Quebec job, I am actually saying i will live and work at Quebec.

One argument i can take though is I can say i will reside at Ottawa and commute to Quebec in case of PR application. Of course, I can refrain myself from making a temporary foreign worker visa as well if it is going to create complication..

Please advise???

Hi.. I am in the exact same situation with ITA in hand as well as Job offer from Montreal. Please advise what route you have chosen and how did it turn out??