+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got ITA 21 days before completing 2 years

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
Yes, I have seen some applications being approved even if they lack a few days or even a couple of weeks in their minimum required Canadian work experience. Again, this is up to the officer.

Some IRCC officers(from my personal experience since I got rejected mine before) will reject it even if you have 1 year of Canadian work experience at the time of submission. So, that's why I suggested not to take a risk because I can say from my personal experience. If you can avoid the risk, why not?

But, again it is up to the applicant to decide what's the best option!
Yes you can accept it as long as you submit the application after actually finishing two years. I confirmed this with cic on twitter. Good luck!
I got ITA yesterday with 2 year work experience but I have 1 year and 11 months of experience. but I also have pnp nomination so my crs is far ahead then the last draw. should I submit my application now or wait for one month and complete my 2 years of work before submitting application.

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
I got ITA yesterday with 2 year work experience but I have 1 year and 11 months of experience. but I also have pnp nomination so my crs is far ahead then the last draw. should I submit my application now or wait for one month and complete my 2 years of work before submitting application.
The safest thing to do is to wait until you actually have 2 years to apply. In your situation it might be ok because you would’ve been over the cutoff without the extra year, but I wouldn’t take the unnecessary risk

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
No need to wait
Just go ahead with your application
The experience calculator adds points as month to month

D

Deleted member 981115

I wait till my 2nd year completion and then applied with attaching a LOE.
So you kept your ITA and submitted your application after the completion of work experience right? Did you application get approved yet?