+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got ITA 21 days before completing 2 years

jacob97

May 11, 2018
I've read answers on similar question but found very conflicting responses in other threads. So, sorry for asking again but this is very important to me and hence starting a new thread.

Completion Date of 2 years: July 16th, 2020
CRS Score with 2 years: 436

I created EE profile with all correct details and job start date, yet I was awarded points for 2 years before I even completed it. As a result, I got ITA on June 25th when cut off was 431.
I have declined that ITA under impression that I need to have completed 2 years or more at the time of ITA.

As a read more answers on forum, consensus seem to be on below suggestion:
Since I meet Minimum Entry Requirement of CEC at the time of ITA, I could accept the invitation without repercussions provided I submit my application after I complete 2 years. Can people who have gone through similar situation or senior members of this forum confirm this please?

I am expecting ITA again on July 9th, 2020. Should I accept it and submit my application after July 16th?

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Yes you can accept it as long as you submit the application after actually finishing two years. I confirmed this with cic on twitter. Good luck!

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Hii same happened to me on 25th june draw. My 2 years experience gonna be complete on 11th july with CRS score 436. Same as your case.
But i get invitation on 25th june when cut off was 431. I dont know what to do now.
Should i accept or decline the invitation?

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
I would suggest trying to keep this ITA because it may not be likely that you get another ITA. I declined my BCPNP invitation expecting to get another two weeks later. I never got an invitation again. Take advantage of this ITA as the draw on July 9th may be an all inclusive draw which puts the potential CRS score at upwards of 470

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
I would suggest trying to keep this ITA because it may not be likely that you get another ITA. I declined my BCPNP invitation expecting to get another two weeks later. I never got an invitation again. Take advantage of this ITA as the draw on July 9th may be an all inclusive draw which puts the potential CRS score at upwards of 470
Yes u r right
Thanks

jacob97

May 11, 2018
Hi All,

So I contacted IRCC and confirmed that I can continue with my application as long as I submit it after 16th July (after I complete the experience based on which i got the points). Your eligibility is determined from the day you submitted application and not from the day of ITA.

So, in other words, DO NOT DECLINE THE ITA.

I have also asked them to send me the email stating same so that I can reference it later when some query comes in from CIC. Below are the contents of the email:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Invitation to apply - How IRCC calculates the one year work experience

When submitting an Express Entry (EE) permanent residence application, you must demonstrate you are meeting the eligibility requirements of one of the federal economic immigration programs. One of the requirements is to enter the month/year of work experience and no specific date. Therefore, you may have received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) even if you are missing a few days of work experience to be eligible.

IRCC officers processing the EE applications are aware of the system calculating months and not actual days/hours worked in a month. When reviewing an application, they will take into consideration factors such as:

• Continuous work status,
  • The Offer of Employment Letter from the same employer, and
  • Whether you reach the one year work experience at the time the EE application is submitted/approved or within a few days after.
The decision for approval is at the discretion of the officer. However, the onus is on you to provide all required information and supporting documentation to facilitate the decision.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reactions: Miracle2018

JapaneseInMB

Star Member
May 27, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
18-07-2020
Med's Done....
10-10-2020
LANDED..........
22-11-2020
@JapaneseInMB
Check this thread and CIC reply
Yes, I have seen some applications being approved even if they lack a few days or even a couple of weeks in their minimum required Canadian work experience. Again, this is up to the officer.

Some IRCC officers(from my personal experience since I got rejected mine before) will reject it even if you have 1 year of Canadian work experience at the time of submission. So, that's why I suggested not to take a risk because I can say from my personal experience. If you can avoid the risk, why not?

But, again it is up to the applicant to decide what's the best option!

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Yes, I have seen some applications being approved even if they lack a few days or even a couple of weeks in their minimum required Canadian work experience. Again, this is up to the officer.

Some IRCC officers(from my personal experience since I got rejected mine before) will reject it even if you have 1 year of Canadian work experience at the time of submission. So, that's why I suggested not to take a risk because I can say from my personal experience. If you can avoid the risk, why not?

But, again it is up to the applicant to decide what's the best option!
What is the reason for your rejection?

JapaneseInMB

Star Member
May 27, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
18-07-2020
Med's Done....
10-10-2020
LANDED..........
22-11-2020
What is the reason for your rejection?
Well it's a long time ago. But, the reason for rejection was because I did not meet the 1 year of Canadian work experience which is required to be eligible for CEC.

For OP, this will not be a reason of rejection because he/she has already completed more than 1 year of Canadian work experience.

My point here is that the IRCC officers do look at the years of work experience in detail. They may include the work experience gained prior to the submission. But again, it's not 100% sure since each case is different and the decision is up to the IRCC officer.