+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got into Canada by Permanent Resident Travel Document... have some questions.

crayonmath

Jul 24, 2017
I became a permanent resident in 2012, immigrated but went back. Came again in 2017, but had to leave due to some issues. I applied for PRTD and finally arrived (on H&C grounds); have some questions. At arrival they took my PR card which was expired and told me they would send new ones. They didn't give any receipt or proof and let us in. Its been a month now and Im worried. Will they send the PR cards? Also, will there be any problem for the next couple of years if they don't? Will there be any problem living without pr cards? I have a COPR though.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I became a permanent resident in 2012, immigrated but went back. Came again in 2017, but had to leave due to some issues. I applied for PRTD and finally arrived (on H&C grounds); have some questions. At arrival they took my PR card which was expired and told me they would send new ones. They didn't give any receipt or proof and let us in. Its been a month now and Im worried. Will they send the PR cards? Also, will there be any problem for the next couple of years if they don't? Will there be any problem living without pr cards? I have a COPR though.
I don't think that CBSA will order a new PR card except during the very first PR "landing". You should check with the IRCC’s Call Centre and see if they have any information on an application. If not, order it yourself. I would be very surprised if you have a PR card application in progress.

crayonmath

Jul 24, 2017
I don't think that CBSA will order a new PR card except during the very first PR "landing". You should check with the IRCC’s Call Centre and see if they have any information on an application. If not, order it yourself. I would be very surprised if you have a PR card application in progress.
Thanks for the reply. I've never called the IRCC Call Centre so I have a couple of questions:
1. They don't have the ability to revoke my status as a pr right? Because I have not completed my 730 days at all.
2. What information do they ask when I call them?
I'm relieved that the CBSA let me in, I don't want to get in any trouble, so please advice me about how to address the whole situation.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks for the reply. I've never called the IRCC Call Centre so I have a couple of questions:
1. They don't have the ability to revoke my status as a pr right? Because I have not completed my 730 days at all.
2. What information do they ask when I call them?
I'm relieved that the CBSA let me in, I don't want to get in any trouble, so please advice me about how to address the whole situation.
1. Absolutely not.
2. Name, birth date, UCI (from the PRTD or COPR) probably... I have never needed to call them.

Menis

Jul 6, 2019
How can I get permanent residency in Canada I am from Nigeria

Menis

Jul 6, 2019
My name is Ayozie Chima Denis, I am an orphan from Nigeria, how can I get permanent resident in Canada .

Parveen01

Jul 26, 2019

Parveen01

Jul 26, 2019
Hi ..am new to this forum ..but my situation is similar but my expired pr card was not taken at the airport and I am facing problems with getting my driver license and MSP card as they require a valid PR card ...so shd I apply for PR card even though my RO is not complete ...as I can’t wait 2 yrs for my drivers license and MSP

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi ..am new to this forum ..but my situation is similar but my expired pr card was not taken at the airport and I am facing problems with getting my driver license and MSP card as they require a valid PR card ...so shd I apply for PR card even though my RO is not complete ...as I can’t wait 2 yrs for my drivers license and MSP
How did you enter Canada with an expired PR card? Did you have a PR Travel Document?