+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Indian PCC in 2 weeks from CGI Vancouver

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I just wanted to share my PCC experience from CGI Vancouver. It started with some confusion around new rule to notarize copies of work permit and any other document except passport as applicable.( Got it confirmed twice with VFS helpline :-X) It took some time to find an economical notary option in Calgary. Went to Calgary VFS post that, applied on a Saturday (19 Jan 2013), the VFS personal updated me that it was not mandatory to get this notarized :eek:(Anyway it didn't harm my case). Status updated on 23 Jan that Vancouver is processing the application. 31 Jan 2013 - Application has been processed. 1 Feb 2013 - Application dispatched and I received the same on 4 Feb 2013 Monday. End to end - 2 weeks, Great turn around time!

I have followed many threads on the total processing time for Indian PCC and most have been above 4 weeks. Probably its Toronto CGI vs Vancouver thing.

I would be happy to assist with any questions on Indian PCC.. Good luck to everyone applying!

:D

scanadap

Jun 21, 2011
Just checking the application form for PCC and DOB. Can you please help me with the following questions:

13) Purpose for which the Certificate is required:
If I am applying for PR under CEC, should I mention that or just mention - For CIC.. or anything else?

14) Name of Sponsoring Authority, if any and plan, scheme which you came to Canada:
Is this my employers? I came here on temporary work permit.

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scanadap said:
Just checking the application form for PCC and DOB. Can you please help me with the following questions:

If I am applying for PR under CEC, should I mention that or just mention - For CIC.. or anything else?

14) Name of Sponsoring Authority, if any and plan, scheme which you came to Canada:
<GRV> Please mention Canadian Immigration.

<GRV> Yes. Please write : Employers Name who sponsored your TRV and then for scheme mention ( Work Permit)

I hope you are aware that CIC does not accept Birth proof issued by CGI as a standalone document for DOB.

Good luck!

scanadap

Jun 21, 2011
gn53914 said:
I hope you are aware that CIC does not accept Birth proof issued by CGI as a standalone document for DOB.

Good luck!
Thank you for the information above.
Will it work if I supply the DOB certificate issued by CGI + my school year 10 certificate that has my DOB on it?

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scanadap said:
Thank you for the information above.
Will it work if I supply the DOB certificate issued by CGI + my school year 10 certificate that has my DOB on it?
Scanadap,

Yes, that should work but mainly because of your 10th certificate. Please note that Certificate of birth issued by CGI is as good as your DOB mentioned in your passport. In my opinion, its far more wise to spend that money on making an affidavit. Then you get 100% value from 2 documents which CIC respects.

babla

Feb 21, 2014
please tell me how do i apply for pcc to cgi vancouver. which documents, what kind of money order etc because bls surrey is not processing my application because my work permit type is 27