+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got GCMS notes - Refusal from Riyadh saudi arabia - Suggestion please

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Hello Dears,

I applied for TRV through paper application in VFS Khobar and got refused on 31/07/2019.

My case is as follows:
0. Born and living here in KSA since birth, Software Consultant, Pakistani National.
1. Holds a US valid visa(until 2023) and travelled once for B2(Business). Also travelled to UAE, Egypt, Qatar, USA, Maldives.
2. Salary 14000SAR, Bank Statement and Employment Letter included.
3. 14 days trip, Going for Tourism majorly and will attend one conference also.
4. Bank Statment of 30000SAR , (10500 CAN)
5. Married with one 10 months child, Family with me in KSA and wll stay here. Father mother sisters brothers here.
6. No previous refusal from any country.

I included in my application:
1. US Visa copy
2. Marriage certificate, passport/iqmas of child and wife, child birth certificate, my birth certificate
3. conference invitation and payment receipt
4. booking.com bookings
5. cover letter describing my family background, job, travel plan, places to visit etc.
6. Employment letter with vacation indicated, bank statement 6 months salary shown.

I was refused with following grounds
- Purpose of trip
- Travel history

I ordered GCMS notes it says
Created by M000008
Center: Riyadh
Label: Eligibilty
PA is a pakistani national who is in KSA on a temporary basis. PA is a senior technical assitant. Would like to attend SYNC conference. No friends or family in CAnada. Given PA's establishment and family ties and that PA is in KSA on a temporary basis. I am not satisfied that PA will be motivated to return to country of nationality R179 not met refused.

I am not in hurry or desperate for the visa. I have plan to acquire one because there are useful conferences come each year in Canada which I would love to attend if i av visa. I have US visa and attended 2 international conferences and it was wonderful experience.

Now I am planning to go to Malaysia and turkey for vacation for 2 weeks. Then will apply again maybe next year.

What do you guys suggest. All recommendations are appreciated.

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Sad that in such a time no one responded to you, when you got refused everyone comes with their suggestions and try to defend IRCC. But after getting the GCMS notes everyone is quite. Anyway I am not a professional and neither I have too much experience but I will try my best to assist as per my understanding and and also learn from your experience.

1) You Job is contract basis or permanent ? If your Job is contract basis what’s the renewal period ?

2) Did you attached a 14 days complete plan itinerary along with your covering letter ?

3) Did you filled the Travel history form
And did you attached a separate Travel history details about your previous trip ?
For e.g
In 2015, I have visited UAE as tourist from 10 Sep to 13 Sep

In 2018, I have travelled to USA as a business Visitor to attend a workshop from 06 June to 18 June.

I suggest you should re-apply with a strong covering letter.

Reactions: Legend6892

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
1. As per standard of saudi arabia, My job is on contract basis each year and renewed yearly automatically.
2. No , I didnot attach itinerary. My cover letter was just paragraphs with details. I doubt they didnt read it as it was super boring.
3. Thats my mistake, I did not fill the travel history form as i thought its optional. I was relying on US visa in my passport.

For now I am not desperate for canada. I am going to Malaysia for vacation 2 weeks. Next I have a visit for US in next march. Then I will apply again next year with strong covering letter(still I doubt that if covering letter really help)
Anyway, Highly appreciated.
Thankyou.

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
1. As per standard of saudi arabia, My job is on contract basis each year and renewed yearly automatically.
2. No , I didnot attach itinerary. My cover letter was just paragraphs with details. I doubt they didnt read it as it was super boring.
3. Thats my mistake, I did not fill the travel history form as i thought its optional. I was relying on US visa in my passport.

For now I am not desperate for canada. I am going to Malaysia for vacation 2 weeks. Next I have a visit for US in next march. Then I will apply again next year with strong covering letter(still I doubt that if covering letter really help)
Anyway, Highly appreciated.
Thankyou.
Yes that’s great apply in December for your March travel and this time attach the copy of your contracts as well, I suggest you provide all contract or renewal copies, if you have any property or anything which you owned in Saudi Arabia or it’s under your name attach those documents as well plus don’t forget to fill the travel history form and your own travel plan on a separate paper. I don’t see any complications in your case, usually you are also someone like me who took the Canada visa very lightly in that impression that if you have the US visa , Canada will easily grant you visa but got disappointed in the end, this time prepare a strong covering letter and attach the refusal letter also along with your application and explaining about your travel history and family ties more deeply. I wish you all the best and good luck.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hello Dears,

I applied for TRV through paper application in VFS Khobar and got refused on 31/07/2019.

My case is as follows:
0. Born and living here in KSA since birth, Software Consultant, Pakistani National.
1. Holds a US valid visa(until 2023) and travelled once for B2(Business). Also travelled to UAE, Egypt, Qatar, USA, Maldives.
5. Married with one 10 months child, Family with me in KSA and wll stay here. Father mother sisters brothers here.

1. US Visa copy
2. Marriage certificate, passport/iqmas of child and wife, child birth certificate, my birth certificate
4. booking.com bookings
5. cover letter describing my family background, job, travel plan, places to visit etc.
6. Employment letter with vacation indicated, bank statement 6 months salary shown.

- Purpose of trip
- Travel history

Created by M000008
PA is a pakistani national who is in KSA on a temporary basis. PA is a senior technical assitant. Would like to attend SYNC conference. No friends or family in CAnada. Given PA's establishment and family ties and that PA is in KSA on a temporary basis. I am not satisfied that PA will be motivated to return to country of nationality R179 not met refused.

I am not in hurry or desperate for the visa. I have plan to acquire one because there are useful conferences come each year in Canada which I would love to attend if i av visa. I have US visa and attended 2 international conferences and it was wonderful experience.

Now I am planning to go to Malaysia and turkey for vacation for 2 weeks. Then will apply again maybe next year.

essentially because you hold a Pakistani passport but have not lived there they consider you to be a temporary resident of Saudi Arabia. So they believe there is not enough strong ties to send you to Pakistan and there is chances of overstaying. This is a common refusal reason for people that are applying from or living in a country that is not the same country of their passport. I don't 100% agree with it but its basically what the notes are saying.
I would say future travel to USA for tourism purposes will help your case to show that you are a genuine tourist.

@haseebali Im sure you are aware this is a public forum where people volunteer their time. Sometimes people do not get to certain threads or they get lost on the pages, if one wants immediate advice they can pay for it through a lawyer.

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
essentially because you hold a Pakistani passport but have not lived there they consider you to be a temporary resident of Saudi Arabia. So they believe there is not enough strong ties to send you to Pakistan and there is chances of overstaying. This is a common refusal reason for people that are applying from or living in a country that is not the same country of their passport. I don't 100% agree with it but its basically what the notes are saying.
I would say future travel to USA for tourism purposes will help your case to show that you are a genuine tourist.

@haseebali Im sure you are aware this is a public forum where people volunteer their time. Sometimes people do not get to certain threads or they get lost on the pages, if one wants immediate advice they can pay for it through a lawyer.
On every forum there are always active moderators, senior members and volunteers and since it’s an open forum everyone has a right to share and express his/her opinions , since it’s a non-profit social platform that’s why people seek and approach the immediate help from here, otherwise the paid service option is never blind to anyone and thanks for the advise too, @albloshi_sa is not my friend or relative I am also just trying to volunteer him in a good will gesture, he didn’t ask particularly for my help or anyone specific the story which I am trying to highlighting here is that since Pakistani applicants have high refusals there is hardly anyone interested to volunteer since you aren’t in the situation so it’s difficult to explain but I am sure @albloshi_sa understood my point.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019

I have lived in pakistan for 6 years and got my education and graduated from there. My last visit was 2017. my current passport have pakistan entry exit stamps. So the point of no ties to pakistan is invalid.

Sep 18, 2019
In addition to your above mentioned documents, It's advisable to attach company agreement/contract and reference/Bonafide letter from company.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I have lived in pakistan for 6 years and got my education and graduated from there. My last visit was 2017. my current passport have pakistan entry exit stamps. So the point of no ties to pakistan is invalid.
it is not me you have to convince its the visa officers.....and it is not my point that is invalid I am telling what the visa officers are saying. Visiting a country or going to school there are not current ties if it was in the past. Ties would be you have property there your spouse or children are there etc. Ties are things that ensure you would go back and not overstay in Canada.

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
When you posted this message I knew it that you will get replies that you don’t need to convince me or what visa officers think hahahahaha..... Visa officers have different approach and course of action as per your nationality. Every applicant attempt it’s best to satisfy and convince the visa officer from the available documents or required documents which he have but also there is no fair criteria either for obtaining the visa. If you are applying for a visitor visa or family visit from Pakistan the ratio these day’s is not very good as per the forum members refusal experiences. No need to worry , just relax and wait for the right time when things are good and favourable then reapply again no need to rush. I applied after 14 months from my refusal. So prepare your application more stronger for next time and then apply later. Wish you all the best.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
When you posted this message I knew it that you will get replies that you don’t need to convince me or what visa officers think hahahahaha..... Visa officers have different approach and course of action as per your nationality. Every applicant attempt it’s best to satisfy and convince the visa officer from the available documents or required documents which he have but also there is no fair criteria either for obtaining the visa. If you are applying for a visitor visa or family visit from Pakistan the ratio these day’s is not very good as per the forum members refusal experiences. No need to worry , just relax and wait for the right time when things are good and favourable then reapply again no need to rush. I applied after 14 months from my refusal. So prepare your application more stronger for next time and then apply later. Wish you all the best.
I'm not sure what you find funny in me suggesting that he needs to convince the visa officer not me. Having studied in Pakistan in the past, having lived in Pakistan in the past, having last visited Pakistan in the past in 2017 are not ties to Pakistan as the poster was suggesting. Are you suggesting these are sufficient ties? Please tell me what you disagree with in my original post.

"essentially because you hold a Pakistani passport but have not lived there they consider you to be a temporary resident of Saudi Arabia. So they believe there is not enough strong ties to send you to Pakistan and there is chances of overstaying. This is a common refusal reason for people that are applying from or living in a country that is not the same country of their passport. I don't 100% agree with it but its basically what the notes are saying.
I would say future travel to USA for tourism purposes will help your case to show that you are a genuine tourist."

You are 100% correct, it is a subjective decision that is made by the officer and often times genuine travelers are denied due to actions of others with a similar profile from a similar country. May not be fair but just explaining to the opening poster what the notes are saying. I'm not saying I agree with it, but it is what happens.

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
I'm not sure what you find funny in me suggesting that he needs to convince the visa officer not me. Having studied in Pakistan in the past, having lived in Pakistan in the past, having last visited Pakistan in the past in 2017 are not ties to Pakistan as the poster was suggesting. Are you suggesting these are sufficient ties? Please tell me what you disagree with in my original post.

"essentially because you hold a Pakistani passport but have not lived there they consider you to be a temporary resident of Saudi Arabia. So they believe there is not enough strong ties to send you to Pakistan and there is chances of overstaying. This is a common refusal reason for people that are applying from or living in a country that is not the same country of their passport. I don't 100% agree with it but its basically what the notes are saying.
I would say future travel to USA for tourism purposes will help your case to show that you are a genuine tourist."

You are 100% correct, it is a subjective decision that is made by the officer and often times genuine travelers are denied due to actions of others with a similar profile from a similar country. May not be fair but just explaining to the opening poster what the notes are saying. I'm not saying I agree with it, but it is what happens.
@Jets13 the one who got refused always give contra statements and in first attempt try to convince the one who are suggesting to do extra things or giving their conclusion about the understanding of the visa officer as per their own assumptions. Certain types of replies are harsh and heart breaking for the applicant who recently got refused, people who seek our advise on these forums ethically needs polite and soft replies to enhance their confidence and moral, if someone got refused people start suggesting him and dealing him like an offender. So your reply “Don’t need to convince me” is already replied by many senior members. I know you and me can’t do anything but at least we can try our best that not to hurt anyone’s feeling. Visa refusals or approvals are part of life but giving someone a good advise a matter of life time.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
@Jets13 the one who got refused always give contra statements and in first attempt try to convince the one who are suggesting to do extra things or giving their conclusion about the understanding of the visa officer as per their own assumptions. Certain types of replies are harsh and heart breaking for the applicant who recently got refused, people who seek our advise on these forums ethically needs polite and soft replies to enhance their confidence and moral, if someone got refused people start suggesting him and dealing him like an offender. So your reply “Don’t need to convince me” is already replied by many senior members. I know you and me can’t do anything but at least we can try our best that not to hurt anyone’s feeling. Visa refusals or approvals are part of life but giving someone a good advise a matter of life time.
i understand that but my first post to him was not harsh and it was polite, I even said I do not agree with it but that is what is happening. He then replied that my points are not valid (which it was) , after which I said well you do not have to tell me im telling you what the officer wrote in their notes.

engr_123

May 22, 2022
Hello Dears,

My case is as follows:

1. US Visa copy
4. booking.com bookings

- Purpose of trip
- Travel history

Created by M000008

Did you apply again brother?