+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got credit card refund from CIC - Outland Family Sponsorship

wrinkles

Jan 20, 2016
Hi,
I applied for outland family sponsorship last July and just last week my Sponsorship Application Status has changed to Decision Made. I have yet to receive a mail or an email from cic.
But I just checked my credit card statement and I apparently got a refund of everything I paid.

I cannot call the support because it's Sunday, has this happe to anyone? Does it mean I got declined? Could someone help me please. Thank you ao much

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Hi,
I applied for outland family sponsorship last July and just last week my Sponsorship Application Status has changed to Decision Made. I have yet to receive a mail or an email from cic.
But I just checked my credit card statement and I apparently got a refund of everything I paid.

I cannot call the support because it's Sunday, has this happe to anyone? Does it mean I got declined? Could someone help me please. Thank you ao much
Hmmm im not sure but by the looks of it, it seems like a refusal. Give them a call tomorrow morning. GL

325i

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Hi,

Did you get SA? if you did get sponsorship approval, did you get an interview request or a procedural fairness letter?

wrinkles

Jan 20, 2016
Did you get SA? if you did get sponsorship approval, did you get an interview request or a procedural fairness letter?
No, I just noticed the update on the website. It says 'Decision Made', under the Sponsorship Application Status.
It's been a week since the update and I haven't received any email or mail from them.
Just today I noticed I got the refund on my credit card.

Sylviebah

Oct 29, 2017
Does that mean that if you get a refund it's a refusal? How ? And why? I thought no matter the answer their make , their have to send a latter of explanation. I would say wait and see if the latter come , if not then make a call if you know the number to call

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
You should provide more information so we can know more about it. However, it does look like your application has been refused already so they issued a refund. If you haven't gotten sponsor approval yet, it could also mean you are not eligible to be a sponsor. Share more about your condition as a sponsor, who you are sponsoring, how you got PR status and when, etc.

Edit: there is an option on the forms that asks what you would like to do should you be refused as a sponsor. One option is to refund the fees, and the other one is to continue with the process. Which one did you choose?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

How much was the refund? The more information you provide upfront, the easier it is to actually help you.

Reactions: wrinkles

wrinkles

Jan 20, 2016
You should provide more information so we can know more about it. However, it does look like your application has been refused already so they issued a refund. If you haven't gotten sponsor approval yet, it could also mean you are not eligible to be a sponsor. Share more about your condition as a sponsor, who you are sponsoring, how you got PR status and when, etc.

Edit: there is an option on the forms that asks what you would like to do should you be refused as a sponsor. One option is to refund the fees, and the other one is to continue with the process. Which one did you choose?
Thanks for your reply
I was sponsored by my mom and landed PR on December 2014. I am sponsoring my wife and our son. I am working a seasonal job and getting E.I. support every 6 months.

wrinkles

Jan 20, 2016
It's been a week since the update and I have yet to get an email or mail from CIC. Will be calling them tomorrow to confirm everything.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I got refunded of everything I paid for except the $75 processing fee.
That means that you have been refused as a sponsor.

Thanks for your reply
I was sponsored by my mom and landed PR on December 2014. I am sponsoring my wife and our son. I am working a seasonal job and getting E.I. support every 6 months.
When did you get married and when was your child born?

Elohim

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
HEllo. Urgent Help needed!!
My wife's application was refused december 2016 due to proxy marriage (marriage certificate). I am yet to submit the new application and i am a Quebec resident. My wife recieved her Certificat de selection in her old application. So i am wondering if i can still use the old CSQ for this new application. Because there is a question in the Generic Application which ask "if you have already recieved the CSQ".

sHOULD I CHECK YES OR NO?

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
HEllo. Urgent Help needed!!
My wife's application was refused december 2016 due to proxy marriage (marriage certificate). I am yet to submit the new application and i am a Quebec resident. My wife recieved her Certificat de selection in her old application. So i am wondering if i can still use the old CSQ for this new application. Because there is a question in the Generic Application which ask "if you have already recieved the CSQ".

sHOULD I CHECK YES OR NO?
If you have one you should say so.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thanks @bafonso but isnt that CSQ linked with the old application that was refused? I am guessing it should be NO. I am just confused. And also my wife has changed her maiden name to mine
I don't think CSQ are necessarily connected to a single application. The name change further complicates things. I think you should put your CSq and write a cover letter explaining how you got that CSQ. In Quebec you cannot change name but I'm not sure how federal handles this, I would assume they accept it. Your wife will have different name on Quebec documents, that is the practical outcome.