+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got CPR notice,can I go to nearest border crossing, get processed, B4 move to CA

lynmic

Nov 6, 2013
Hello. My husband received his CPR notice last week. We are living in the US and have until next Sept. to move to Canada. Does anyone know if he can go to the nearest border crossing (about an 8 hour drive) and get his visa validated, then return to the US to proceed with winding up our affairs here (this may take some time). It seems premature to sell everything, quit our jobs, etc., before actually getting his visa processed/validated. Also, the nearest border crossing to where we live is a long way and in a different province from the one we will cross when we move there with all our belongings. Any advise or information on this matter would be much appreciated. Lyn

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
lynmic said:
Hello. My husband received his CPR notice last week. We are living in the US and have until next Sept. to move to Canada. Does anyone know if he can go to the nearest border crossing (about an 8 hour drive) and get his visa validated, then return to the US to proceed with winding up our affairs here (this may take some time). It seems premature to sell everything, quit our jobs, etc., before actually getting his visa processed/validated. Also, the nearest border crossing to where we live is a long way and in a different province from the one we will cross when we move there with all our belongings. Any advise or information on this matter would be much appreciated. Lyn
Yes, he can land as a PR and return to the US right away to sort out everything. He will need to give a Canadian address for them to mail his PR card to.