+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got CPCO-FinalRequest /CTDO -DemandeFinale. Need some advice.

basedgod

Apr 25, 2019
Hey Guys

I got the following email.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canad is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa.

And it goes on about Step1 : Update your application and Step 2 : Do you need a permanent residence visa

Problem is, I don't see any additional messages on the web site on my application. It still says appplication in progress, and estimated completion date is May 1st.

Is this normal? From the looks of it, the email looks legit. They even have the correct bar code and my application number. The website links point to the official address.

If this is indeed legit, am I supposed to send my passport to them?

Last edited:

ChocoHagela

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
That is the ppr email, i am guessing the subject is 'Ready for visa/ Pret pour Visa'?. You will have to submit it to your local visa office/vfs for stamping. Once it is stamped the cic profile will get updated.

basedgod

Apr 25, 2019
Yes, that is the subject. I was just curious why they didn't update the cic profile. Thanks for the clarification.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
They don't update your profile until you submit your passport, and they affix your PR Visa (if required) and issue your confirmation of permanent residence.

Once they do that, your profile will be updated as approved on your account.

Congratulations, follow the instructions and submit your passport.

Reactions: basedgod