+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got COPR. Tomorrow I am Flagpoling.

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hey guys,

Happy to say I have my COPR now. Got it in the mail today. I currently live in Toronto. I plan on getting a bus to Niagara Falls tomorrow morning and walking across the Rainbow Bridge. I know it can get really busy so I am planning on arriving for around 7:45 AM or so.

I am originally from the UK and have a British Passport. I just want to confirm what I take with me tomorrow and what to expect from the whole process. I am taking my passport and the 2 copies of COPR I have received. I'll also take a print out of my bank balance. Should there be a certain amount in my account?

Am I missing anything?

Thank you.

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
I've been reading that $12,000 is required for proof of funds unless you have qualified under CEC (which is the route I went down). Can anyone confirm if this is true?

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Also seen that if you have a valid job offer then you don't need proof of funds. My old employer in Toronto could create an official document stating that once I have my PR status they will re-hire me. Just wondering if that is an option as well?

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please let me know how it goes. I don’t have enough funds on my bank account at the moment. But I have a full time job and own a house. A bit worried, tbh.

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
I've been reading that $12,000 is required for proof of funds unless you have qualified under CEC (which is the route I went down). Can anyone confirm if this is true?
If you have applied thru CEC, you don't need proof of funds.

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Please share your experience. I might have to cross the rainbow bridge next month for landing.

All the best!!

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Proof of fund is rarely checked on flagpoling. Just bring your bank card.

I heard Rainbow bridge is not taking flagpoles due to high traffic?

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
A few people have expressed interest in how things go for me so I will definitely update you all after this is all done. Regarding Rainbow bridge being closed. I didn't know that. I'll look into it more. I know they say that you should only go on Tuesday - Thursday but I didn't hear about them not accepting flag poling at all right now.

Reactions: agvalen1810

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Here's my update and it is not good I am afraid to say,

Got up at 4:45 AM. Got the bus from Toronto to Niagara falls at 6 AM. Arrived in Niagara falls around 7:20 AM. Got a taxi straight to Rainbow bridge. It was easy and quick on the US side, Got a piece of paper after 5 minutes and went back to the Canadian border. I waited in line for around 20 minutes. The guy called me in and I said I was here to finalize my PR. He said they already met their quota for the day and to try again later later after lunch. This was at 8:30 AM. I said that it was still pretty early though and I wanted to know why they wouldn't process me. He said they started processing people at 8 AM.

So now I am sitting in Tim Horton's feeling pretty crap to be honest. Wasted day and wasted money. If they won't help me out this afternoon (which doesn't look too promising) then I need to come back here Monday night and stay in a hotel and be first in line Tuesday morning. :mad:

I literally couldn't have gotten here any earlier by Public transport if I tried. So guys, be prepared for this kind of service. Come here SUPER early.

karank

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017

Got up at 4:45 AM. Got the bus from Toronto to Niagara falls at 6 AM. Arrived in Niagara falls around 7:20 AM. Got a taxi straight to Rainbow bridge. It was easy and quick on the US side, Got a piece of paper after 5 minutes and went back to the Canadian border. I waited in line for around 20 minutes. The guy called me in and I said I was here to finalize my PR. He said they already met their quota for the day and to try again later later after lunch. This was at 8:30 AM. I said that it was still pretty early though and I wanted to know why they wouldn't process me. He said they started processing people at 8 AM.

So now I am sitting in Tim Horton's feeling pretty crap to be honest. Wasted day and wasted money. If they won't help me out this afternoon (which doesn't look too promising) then I need to come back here Monday night and stay in a hotel and be first in line Tuesday morning. :mad:

I literally couldn't have gotten here any earlier by Public transport if I tried. So guys, be prepared for this kind of service. Come here SUPER early.
Wow!Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your Timmy's and keep us posted about your second try. Good luck !

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

You can try Lansdowne (Thousand Islands) bridge. I got it in 5 mins and I was the only one there.

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
I went back around 11.45 and asked an official if they were processing. He said yes. I then went back to the US, came back to Canada and stood in line for around an hour and a half. I got to the guy and he said they aren't processing anymore.

They met their quota already again. He told me to make an appointment with CIC. I don't want to do that, I hear it takes a while.

I've decided to just go back to my home country (Scotland) for a little vacation and get my PR processed when I get back to Pearson airport.

omargv

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
You can try Lansdowne (Thousand Islands) bridge. I got it in 5 mins and I was the only one there.
Hi, I wonder if you could please share your experience in Lansdowne, I am planning to go ths week..Did you flagpole? if yes what Did you tell the US officer...Thanks!!..Best!

aminahc1

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Did mine at Ft. Erie (Peace Bridge) on a Wednesday, I think. They will do them M-Th no problem. Super easy, told the US side what I wanted and they sent me back to the Canadian side. Canadian officer asked for a refusal slip, but I explained I didn't have once since I am a U.S. citizen. Went inside, whole process took about 15 minutes for me and my daughter. Recommend Peace Bridge M-Thu (I think it's 8-midnight).

lincon

Jun 24, 2016
please can you give me information on how someone can apply from uk to canada a permanent resident.has a daughter that has a British passport and she herself has uk indefinite stay .she a lot of experience working as a caregiver in uk.
any information.
thanks