+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got COPR on 5 Sept; CIC showing invalid document now

capsingh

May 13, 2016
I am really confused. I submitted my passport on 12 Sep after getting COPR on 5th. There was an update in my CIC account today.

In the document Section, there are two entries showing " Your document is invalid". There are also two earlier entries saying Your document is Valid. No details on what is not valid etc.

Application status is approved. Most likely I will get my passport tomorrow. What is happening here? can someone help? Has this happened with others as well?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
I am really confused. I submitted my passport on 12 Sep after getting COPR on 5th. There was an update in my CIC account today.

In the document Section, there are two entries showing " Your document is invalid". There are also two earlier entries saying Your document is Valid. No details on what is not valid etc.

Application status is approved. Most likely I will get my passport tomorrow. What is happening here? can someone help? Has this happened with others as well?
Either CIC has found something that you didn't declare hence cancelling your COPR or maybe its an error. You have to wait til you get your passport back to find out.

Bapu1978

Jul 15, 2017

Hi There,

Have you received your passports? Any update on this?...Thanks.

Texandreamz

Jul 29, 2017

Hi,
I am in the same situation now. Any update in your case?

Thanks.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I suggest calling IRCC (if you can get through to them), or immediately raise a CSE. It could be something as simple as they made a system 'upgrade' or change and broke something (again).

Texandreamz

Jul 29, 2017
I suggest calling IRCC (if you can get through to them), or immediately raise a CSE. It could be something as simple as they made a system 'upgrade' or change and broke something (again).
Okay - Got my passports today and I see a different issue date on my spouse's passport.

So here is my guess on what might have happened.

My spouse's passport will expire in 11 months and the decision of visa stamp was to some senior staff. So her visa was stamped at a later date.

Basically, there is absolutely nothing to worry - for all who are in this situation. Stay cool!

richi1986

Dec 16, 2017
in my case i have copr and visa stamp on passport but my application is in progress they have requested to add child details possibly due to miscommunication. Need to know if current copr and visa that i hold is valid or not for my travel to canada with wife. child due date is september

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
in my case i have copr and visa stamp on passport but my application is in progress they have requested to add child details possibly due to miscommunication. Need to know if current copr and visa that i hold is valid or not for my travel to canada with wife. child due date is september
So, at the moment, there is no child born? Inform IRCC of their error by webform / CSE. As your status has not actually changed, your documents will still be correct. Just need to check that they have not invalidated them in error.

richi1986

Dec 16, 2017
yes child is not born. I informed IRCC of same via webform on 15th Feb. Got reply that they have forwarded request to responsible office on 17th feb. No update thereafter at all.

I wrote followup webform query as well asking about whether visa i hold is valid or not but once I got reply that i need to fill correspondence another time I got reply application is in progress.

Called IRCC agent as well they couldnt clearly say its cancelled they also asked me to write webform query and said might be i will face issue at border.

Now say if I travel with my wife in april/may will i get deported ? SInce I couldnt find anyway to validate if visa is valid or not.