+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got COPR, but need some advice.

frozen_brit

Feb 27, 2018
Hi,

So I recently just got my confirmation letter of PR and it states I can go for an appointment at my nearest immigration office, instead of boarder crossing.

The issue I have is, I am going to the states in the middle of may and if I go for this appointment I may not have my PR card in time. I would rather wait until I go to the states to do the border crossing but I have still not received my BOWP from when I was waiting for a decision on my PR. So am I still on implied status and able to work during this time , or did they cancel the BOWP because of my PR confirmation? And IF so can i wait until May To complete my PR?

Does the PR card always take 2 months to come through? And takes 3 weeks to get an appointment?

Thanks Guys!

Reactions: Tomi2

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

So I recently just got my confirmation letter of PR ...
can i wait until May To complete my PR?

Your COPR should indicate the date by which you must land.

Does the PR card always take 2 months to come through? And takes 3 weeks to get an appointment?

At least. But if you do an inland landing and later travel to the USA by car (instead of flying), you can use the validated COPR as proof of your status, while waiting for the PR card.

DO NOT LOSE THE COPR DOCUMENT. You will want that again if you decide to apply for citizenship.