2017-02-21
AOR Received.
2017-06-17
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
HI
Finally got my COPR AND RP stamped on my passport.
took exactly one year for the entire process.
took a decision to immigrate to Canada in September 2016 and today 29th September 2017 got my passport from VFS with vthe issued visa.

jiger kothamdi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
LAGOS, NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2017-02-21
AOR Received.
2017-06-17
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
either jan 2018 or march 208 expiry date is 4th may 2018 so before than.

Iampositive

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
nice, will you be travelling with family or single? I plan to go in April 18

rshinde

Sep 29, 2017
HI
Finally got my COPR AND RP stamped on my passport.
took exactly one year for the entire process.
took a decision to immigrate to Canada in September 2016 and today 29th September 2017 got my passport from VFS with vthe issued visa.
Hi Jiger
How long did it take you to get the COPR after your passport arrived at Ottawa? Also, how long is the single entry visa valid for?
Thanks in advance :)

jiger kothamdi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
LAGOS, NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2017-02-21
AOR Received.
2017-06-17
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017

Nick J

Aug 17, 2017
congrats, are you located in india or USA?

if you had to get police clearance from India could you please share info. how to get and your experience. I'm based in USA and have 80days to get police clearance from india and USA. how long is wait.

also they recommend applying to US consulate in NY for india clearance but can we still apply directly in India as i have family there to get this doc. for me

rshinde

Sep 29, 2017

if you had to get police clearance from India could you please share info. how to get and your experience. I'm based in USA and have 80days to get police clearance from india and USA. how long is wait.

also they recommend applying to US consulate in NY for india clearance but can we still apply directly in India as i have family there to get this doc. for me
Hey Nick,

I got my India Clearance from the Consulate here in the US. It only took us a couple of days. I would recommend you to get it from the US if it is taking longer than a couple of days in India.

Thanks.

Reactions: Nick J

Nick J

Aug 17, 2017
thanks bhava!

so based on how to apply in miscellaneous consular services
https://www.indiacgny.org/pages.php?id=77
..it seems we need to mail them original passport? had you done that? if so hope it's safe enough?

btw could you inform me your contact to email var "itsneeraj.joshi@gmail.com" could ask you some more things in the process based on your experience.
thanks again!

Hey Nick,

I got my India Clearance from the Consulate here in the US. It only took us a couple of days. I would recommend you to get it from the US if it is taking longer than a couple of days in India.

Thanks.

jiger kothamdi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
LAGOS, NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2017-02-21
AOR Received.
2017-06-17
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017

Hi iam located in Nigeria. I got my India police clearance from Indian high commission in Nigeria. I got it in one day and also from Nigeria police in a day.

jiger kothamdi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
LAGOS, NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2017-02-21
AOR Received.
2017-06-17
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
Hi Jiger
How long did it take you to get the COPR after your passport arrived at Ottawa? Also, how long is the single entry visa valid for?
Thanks in advance :)
Hi as iam in Nigeria my passport was sent to Accra Ghana. I got it back in 30days

rshinde

Sep 29, 2017
thanks bhava!

so based on how to apply in miscellaneous consular services
https://www.indiacgny.org/pages.php?id=77
..it seems we need to mail them original passport? had you done that? if so hope it's safe enough?

btw could you inform me your contact to email var "itsneeraj.joshi@gmail.com" could ask you some more things in the process based on your experience.
thanks again!
I took my passport to the consulate personally as we stay in a city here in the US where they do have a consulate.

I would recommend you to ask your questions here on this forum (rather than personal email) as other ppl would also benefit from reading them.

Nick J

Aug 17, 2017
I took my passport to the consulate personally as we stay in a city here in the US where they do have a consulate.

I would recommend you to ask your questions here on this forum (rather than personal email) as other ppl would also benefit from reading them.
O I see, so did they actually require to either review and hand back or keep your original passport with this miscellaneous application form and return with the PCC?

or just photocopies were enough? so then I can just include photocopies as I have to send by post and include pre-paid return since I can't drive to city during consulate work hours. thanks again!

rshinde

Sep 29, 2017
O I see, so did they actually require to either review and hand back or keep your original passport with this miscellaneous application form and return with the PCC?

or just photocopies were enough? so then I can just include photocopies as I have to send by post and include pre-paid return since I can't drive to city during consulate work hours. thanks again!
Not sure.. different consulates have different processes & procedures. I dropped off my application personally at the consulate and picked it up personally. So it was Ok for me. I can understand your nervousness with emailing the passports out. But I think you shd be OK. I think just the photocopies will not do. Please call the consulate and find out.