+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Canada Visitor visa refusal email though passport is with Delhi Office sent through VFS

Mar 11, 2018
Here is the situation.
Applied Canada Visitor Visa for my mother and received approval to send the passport.
The passport was sent to Canada Visa Office, NEW DELHI on Jan 31st 2018 by VFS Global after receiving approval letter on Jan 29th 2018.
The status on the VFS site says the following:
Visa application, tracking ID xxxxx is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, NEW DELHI.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

It is now more than 30 days, the status is still the same. Unfortunately, i received an email from Canada immigration (where i applied online) that my mother's visa is refused because passport not received within 30 days. Though it is not our fault.

It seems there is a disconnect between VFS Global and Canada immigration.

Did anyone had this issue? I contacted Delhi immigration and Canada consulate for reply and to know the passport status.

I already contacted VFS Delhi through email and also through the written complaint, but all my efforts in vain.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
It is now more than 30 days, the status is still the same. Unfortunately, i received an email from Canada immigration (where i applied online) that my mother's visa is refused because passport not received within 30 days. Though it is not our fault.
1. Has her passport been returned?

2. What documents did you submit along with her passport?

3. What exactly does the refusal email say/which box was checked?

Mar 11, 2018
1. Has her passport been returned?

2. What documents did you submit along with her passport?

3. What exactly does the refusal email say/which box was checked?
The passport is not returned yet.
I submitted the approval letter along with the passport. This was mentioned in the approval letter to send along with the passport.
The refusal letter highlighted the Passport check box.

istagram

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
27 Nov 2014
IELTS Request
06-08-2014
I am worried about mine too now....i have submitted my passport to vfs on feb 20 and till now i have not got back my passport....online status shows application approved while they make passport request.....it has been more than 20 days nw ...

Gurpreetji2000

Feb 17, 2018
They gave you the tracking number. Whatbdoes it say when you track wherebis the passport. Contact VFS office along with you tracking numer to VFS .it will be fine they will give your visa as long as you submitted within 30 days.
Dont panic.

newbie123456

Jan 3, 2018
They gave you the tracking number. Whatbdoes it say when you track wherebis the passport. Contact VFS office along with you tracking numer to VFS .it will be fine they will give your visa as long as you submitted within 30 days.
Dont panic.
Did you contact New Delhi Visa Office about confirmation for the passport .

soh075

Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Speaking 6.5, Writing 7.0, Reading 7.0, Listening 7.5
Here is the situation.
Applied Canada Visitor Visa for my mother and received approval to send the passport.
The passport was sent to Canada Visa Office, NEW DELHI on Jan 31st 2018 by VFS Global after receiving approval letter on Jan 29th 2018.
Visa application, tracking ID xxxxx is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, NEW DELHI.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

Did anyone had this issue? I contacted Delhi immigration and Canada consulate for reply and to know the passport status.

I already contacted VFS Delhi through email and also through the written complaint, but all my efforts in vain.
Hi Shadab,
Sad to hear about this, I am also going to apply for my mother visitor visa and I am just going to start prepare for the application. Can you please help me in detail what documents for you mother you submit, and about bank balance in canada as well as bank balance of you mother. Thank you

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Here is the situation.

Try putting a IRCC webform case specific enquiry at the following link. It will ask you about which office is processing your file, and select the given office (?new Delhi) on the drop down selection. Explain in notes and attach the proof of submission of passport.

Also, if you can physically visit the VFS office where you submitted the passport without much hassle, I would recommend that.

Here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Channyloyal

Mar 13, 2018
Dont panic

I dont think so because once IRCc refused then application needs to be resubmitted

Mar 11, 2018
Try putting a IRCC webform case specific enquiry at the following link. It will ask you about which office is processing your file, and select the given office (?new Delhi) on the drop down selection. Explain in notes and attach the proof of submission of passport.

Also, if you can physically visit the VFS office where you submitted the passport without much hassle, I would recommend that.

Here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
I submitted IRCC webform last friday. There is no reply yet. Also contacted VFS office where we submitted the passport. They are checking with New Delhi office and confused about the whole process.

Mar 11, 2018
Dont panic.
The confusion is created after receiving the refusal letter from the Immigration office. Though the application was approved and passport was submitted within 2 days after receiving the approval letter.

roundoff1

Feb 28, 2018
The confusion is created after receiving the refusal letter from the Immigration office. Though the application was approved and passport was submitted within 2 days after receiving the approval letter.
May i know what U did after 7 days (Working) have passed after submitting your passport and U haven't recd. the stamped visa? Right after that you should have called VFS and started asking questions on regular intervals. Now, 30 days have passed without any action so they both would tell each other wrong. Why U waited for so long ??

Mar 11, 2018
Hello Folks,

I have an update for those who are tracking this thread.
After several follow up with VFS and Web Form submission, the status on the CIC portal is reverted to 'Approved'. Also the passport status is updated as 'valid document'.

Next, i expect an update from VFS on their portal.

I will keep posted with the update in this thread.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have an update for those who are tracking this thread.
After several follow up with VFS and Web Form submission, the status on the CIC portal is reverted to 'Approved'. Also the passport status is updated as 'valid document'..
Glad it's sorted. Your mom will most probably get her passport (with visa) tomorrow by Blue Dart couriers or else on Monday

Reactions: khanim