+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got CA PR visa & US DV

AlphaCharlie

Jul 7, 2017
Dear Members,

I received the PR and have to land in CA with my spouse and baby within 2 months. But recently i have got US DV second letter and have appointment for interview after approx 45 days. This leaves to a situation where;

I want to continue with CA PR but US is also a big opportunity and good climate, i don't want to miss this opportunity too,

If i schedule for interview in US embassy, Visa Officer will see my Immigrant Visa for Canada, does this jeopardize with second thoughts to provide Green Card Visa

If i schedule for interview in US embassy, does this effect in my CA visa later at POE Canada

If i got DV Visa of US too, can i go to CANADA and after few months land in US as they will be giving 6 months time - which will give my family some time to make decision on US or CA.

Appreciate your help & support.

Best Regards

AC

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Not sure why you have posted same question 5 times but anyway guess you might be suffering same as I am this weekend with very bad response times on this forum site. .

I have no knowledge on the DV program but looking at the US Government website do they not retain your passport at the interview if you are successful for processing with no guaranteed time line to return it. If your DV appointment might be in 45 days this implies you need to land in Canada before the DV interview else you could miss the PR opportunity not having your passport to complete the landing.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/diversity-visa/interview/after-the-interview.html

AlphaCharlie

Jul 7, 2017
Dear BS65,

Thanks for the much needed response; i have been checking every moment.

Sorry if the information i provided have confused. The thing is we have almost 12-15 days after DV interview and by that time US visa officer may granted us a visa ( generally i think they take 1 week if longer we may request on the scenario during interview as we have to land in CA).
And if we get the visa, we plan to get landed in CA on time, stay there for few months and know the places to decide later. So, if we land in CA with DV visa?

Regards,

AC