+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got approved for PR but...

Kruisigen

Aug 5, 2020
After getting approved for Permanent Residency, I was then told to apply for my card via mail. Took photos, sent in ask documents(Which was basically the letter of approval by email, that I printed out) and I have still been waiting.. I sent them out either the last week of September or first week of October 2020. It is now June 11th, 2021 and I have still not received my PR card(Was supposed to receive it by February the latest). I have called and it's always the same excuse that there are to many calls and to call again later. I don't even know if it was received. My wife called for my after being on hold for a hour, they told her they cannot give her any information as it is not me. But I'm working most call hours. Then when I take a day off to call, same fucking issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Anybody else on the same boat? I understand the delay but it's almost a year..?

The letter also states that it is only valid for one year.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
After getting approved for Permanent Residency, I was then told to apply for my card via mail. Took photos, sent in ask documents(Which was basically the letter of approval by email, that I printed out) and I have still been waiting.. I sent them out either the last week of September or first week of October 2020. It is now June 11th, 2021 and I have still not received my PR card(Was supposed to receive it by February the latest). I have called and it's always the same excuse that there are to many calls and to call again later. I don't even know if it was received. My wife called for my after being on hold for a hour, they told her they cannot give her any information as it is not me. But I'm working most call hours. Then when I take a day off to call, same fucking issue.

Try your mp.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020

Few suggestions
1. Link PR card application to GCKey (Not PR application) where you can make sure PR card is not lost in mail
2. email directly to the landing office where you send photos (email should be written on CoPR docs). They will tell you if they have received your photo or not.
3. Fill webform using "PR card application" option and put your enquiry there instead calling.
4. Last but not least if all of the option could not work then fill out "PR card application" which would cost 50$ for application fees. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017

I didn't receive my PR card for about 8 months - CanadaPost had lost it - this was during their 2019 strike. I re-applied and received the second one. A few weeks later, received first one as well. So only a matter of calling them first thing in the morning at 8AM.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
I didn't receive my PR card for about 8 months - CanadaPost had lost it - this was during their 2019 strike. I re-applied and received the second one. A few weeks later, received first one as well. So only a matter of calling them first thing in the morning at 8AM.
Why is it that long to get a simple card ? If everything is approved, they just have to print and send ? A bio passport takes 1 month to get it or 2 maxi with Covid. So a PR card should be as fast as a passport ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why is it that long to get a simple card ? If everything is approved, they just have to print and send ? A bio passport takes 1 month to get it or 2 maxi with Covid. So a PR card should be as fast as a passport ?
There was a strike back in 2019. Regular mail was even slowed. Not surprised that CanadPost lost document.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
There was a strike back in 2019. Regular mail was even slowed. Not surprised that CanadPost lost document.
I mean even right now people who got their PR back to July 2020 are still waiting for their PR cards. I’m wondering…8 months or more for one card is weird.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Totally understandable…but 8 months for a simple card ? Passports, even during Covid time, take few weeks.
Perhaps more simple to process passport than PR cards. Besides different government department: Passport Canada v. IRCC.

Kruisigen

Aug 5, 2020
Well I finally managed to get a call in. Took over 1hr and 30mins long. But to the jist of it.. they lost my photo somehow, even though I know I sent it in with the mail. Was told to send a second one with a note stating the issue. My place in que isn't reset just waiting on the new photo and confirmation letter. Just annoyed I wasn't told about any of this for months. Till I finally managed to get in contact with them.