+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got an unexpected rejection

anxiouskid123

Oct 6, 2018
Hi,

My LMIA exempt employer applied for a temporary work permit under the global skills program. I got an email from the lawyers office "that they received a refusal letter today citing that a document was wrongly uploaded". Its also strange that they would out-right reject an application instead of asking for the correction. So my question is, is this normal? I mean are applications out-right rejected for misplacements or other minor errors on the lawyer's part.

The lawyers office told me that they will be applying again. I am worried if the first rejection will adversely affect the new application.

Furthermore, I am also freaking out if I passed my medicals etc. I do not have any health condition that I know of. But I used to have asthma as a child and am worried something comes up on the X Ray. My medicals were done over a month ago. They said they will call me if I need any more tests. I did not get any call back from the panel physician's office thankfully. My family doctor also took an X Ray and did not find anything. Is it possible that the panel physician finds everything alright and then the IRCC doctor sees something and rejects the application?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - it's normal for applications to be rejected if they are incomplete (wrong, incomplete or missing documents). The right thing to do is to apply again, this time ensuring the application is complete.

The first rejection should not impact the second application.

Reactions: flores

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the info. If the panel physician confirms a normal report, does it mean I passed the medicals?
No - this does not mean you have passed the medicals. There are further reviews conducted by IRCC.

Reactions: anxiouskid123

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

My LMIA exempt employer applied for a temporary work permit under the global skills program. I got an email from the lawyers office "that they received a refusal letter today citing that a document was wrongly uploaded". Its also strange that they would out-right reject an application instead of asking for the correction. So my question is, is this normal? I mean are applications out-right rejected for misplacements or other minor errors on the lawyer's part.

The lawyers office told me that they will be applying again. I am worried if the first rejection will adversely affect the new application.

Furthermore, I am also freaking out if I passed my medicals etc. I do not have any health condition that I know of. But I used to have asthma as a child and am worried something comes up on the X Ray. My medicals were done over a month ago. They said they will call me if I need any more tests. I did not get any call back from the panel physician's office thankfully. My family doctor also took an X Ray and did not find anything. Is it possible that the panel physician finds everything alright and then the IRCC doctor sees something and rejects the application?

Thanks
Childhood asthma is not an issue for the medical. You are worrying about that for no reason.

anxiouskid123

Oct 6, 2018
Just wanted to post an update if it helps others.

We reapplied for work permit sucessfully :)
To the worried lot: Dont freak out for your minor health problems like I did. They are only interested in serious conditions.

Timeline:

Applied Online : 12 Oct
Passport Request: 18 Oct
Passport submitted: 18 Oct
Dispatched from VAC: 23 Oct
Recieved passport with TRV : 24 Oct

Thank you !

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Just wanted to post an update if it helps others.

We reapplied for work permit sucessfully :)
To the worried lot: Dont freak out for your minor health problems like I did. They are only interested in serious conditions.

Timeline:

Applied Online : 12 Oct
Passport Request: 18 Oct
Passport submitted: 18 Oct
Dispatched from VAC: 23 Oct
Recieved passport with TRV : 24 Oct

Thank you !
wow!! that was insanely quick! Congratulations

dramireddy

Oct 25, 2018
Hi,

i have applied for work permit.
i got message as below.

"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on
your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application. "

this means, is my application approved?

billy012

May 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
june 17, 2013
LANDED..........
None
Hi,

i have applied for work permit.
i got message as below.

"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on
your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application. "

this means, is my application approved?
Yes

flores

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi,

Thanks

hello what does it mean LMIA exempt, i have job offer which is LMIA exempt, can we apply for work permit also and OWP for this job Offer? they said that LMIA exempt job offer required only nomination to apply for work permit, and LMIA only.

flores

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Yes - it's normal for applications to be rejected if they are incomplete (wrong, incomplete or missing documents). The right thing to do is to apply again, this time ensuring the application is complete.

The first rejection should not impact the second application.

hello what does it mean LMIA exempt, i have job offer which is LMIA exempt, can we apply for work permit also and OWP for this job Offer? they said that LMIA exempt job offer required only nomination to apply for work permit, and LMIA only.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your question isn't that clear. If you have an LMIA exempt job offer, then you can apply for a closed work permit. No - you cannot apply for an OWP.

Reactions: sam_karwar