+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got an ITA but question with IELTS validity

alex687

May 19, 2015
Dear Sir/Madam,

I got an ITA but before submitting my application for PR; I have question regarding my IELTS results. I took my IELTS result on 08th March 2014 and its getting expire on 8th March 2016. My profile is valid till Aug 2016. I would like to know would submitting my PR application with this IELTS result would be fine.

Secondly, if someone retakes IELTS, and if their old IELTS is still valid. Does the new IELTS supersedes the old one or he/she can still claim points for the old result if its valid.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alex687 said:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I got an ITA but before submitting my application for PR; I have question regarding my IELTS results. I took my IELTS result on 08th March 2014 and its getting expire on 8th March 2016. My profile is valid till Aug 2016. I would like to know would submitting my PR application with this IELTS result would be fine.

As you clearly mention, it expires on 8th March 2016 so it is valid till that date.

Secondly, if someone retakes IELTS, and if their old IELTS is still valid. Does the new IELTS supersedes the old one or he/she can still claim points for the old result if its valid.

Both results stay valid independent of each other for 2 years from the respective test date.

Thanks

alex687

May 19, 2015
Thanks for your reply.

I am more specifically talking about the information mentioned here on this page.

cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

Note: Your test results must be valid when you complete your Express Entry profile, and when you apply for permanent residence.

The profile is valid for 12 months. You should make sure that your language test results are valid for at least the same number of days.

If your test results expire soon, you should re-take the test and update your Express Entry profile with your new test results.

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think you're ok, as long as it is still valid when you submit your application. If you just received ITA and your IELTS expire next year, you're fine. (Assuming you will submit your application within the next 60 days).

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alex687 said:
Thanks for your reply.

I am more specifically talking about the information mentioned here on this page.

cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

Note: Your test results must be valid when you complete your Express Entry profile, and when you apply for permanent residence.

The profile is valid for 12 months. You should make sure that your language test results are valid for at least the same number of days.

If your test results expire soon, you should re-take the test and update your Express Entry profile with your new test results.
If you have an ITA now, you must file your application within the next 60 days. Your IELTS result will still be valid then. If you apply with this ITA, you do not have to retake the test.