Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
Hi guys, need your advice please.

I got a message from my personal email from CIC that my application has been updated and that I should log in to myCIC account. However when I checked my account, there is no update and no mesaage either. I tried to email the embassy bu I just received an automatic email saying that they received my inquiry but did not respond to my question on what is the update.

Shall I just ignore the email? What shall I do? I find it weird that CIC would send me a message but there is no update. If CIC sent a message does it really mean theres an update or maybe it was wrongly sent? Im bit worried coz I dont know what is the message maybe they require additional document or an update in the decision.

Appreciate all your replies.

Reactions: Godsmercy

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
cindyqiao said:
same here.

Hi, when did you submit your application? Is it being processed in Abu Dhabi too?

Freespirited

Star Member
Sep 29, 2013
Muntinlupa
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Wife skilled worker in BC
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
in my exporience onece youve lunched your application the first thing that you will recieved in your email is a letter stating that your app has been recieved the next email is that your status has been open and next update is that your medical.

Reactions: wady

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
Freespirited said:
in my exporience onece youve lunched your application the first thing that you will recieved in your email is a letter stating that your app has been recieved the next email is that your status has been open and next update is that your medical.
Hi, I have received the confirmation letter on the same day that I have submitted my online application. second day, they sent me another email stating my application number. I am not required for medical since I am in the middle east. so I was expecting that the status update may either be a request for additional document or a decision, however both are still the same when I first submitted my application.

manfei

Jun 18, 2014
Maling said:
Hi guys, need your advice please.

I got a message from my personal email from CIC that my application has been updated and that I should log in to myCIC account. However when I checked my account, there is no update and no mesaage either. I tried to email the embassy bu I just received an automatic email saying that they received my inquiry but did not respond to my question on what is the update.

Shall I just ignore the email? What shall I do? I find it weird that CIC would send me a message but there is no update. If CIC sent a message does it really mean theres an update or maybe it was wrongly sent? Im bit worried coz I dont know what is the message maybe they require additional document or an update in the decision.

Appreciate all your replies.

So how is your application going? Cause now I have the same question, I don't know how to deal with it.

nsbhullar

Nov 26, 2014
INDIA
Category........
manfei said:
So how is your application going? Cause now I have the same question, I don't know how to deal with it.
Same status with me... Share what happened next....?????????

5JandL_inGodweTrust

Sep 29, 2013
nsbhullar said:
Same status with me... Share what happened next....?????????
Same email received with my friend's case.

She applied for an SOWP visa last September 27, on the same date she received 2 emails, 1 is confirmation that the application has been received, and the other one is the confirmation of payment.

On Oct. 3 she received an email which said that her application has been updated and she needs to check her MyCIC account, when she did there's no change or new message received.

On Oct. 19 she received the same message...but again there's no new update.

Last message received from CIC was on Nov. 4..again the same message received "your application has been updated" but no update at all when she opened her account :(

I suspect that they CIC are checking or reviewing the applications but cannot come up yet with the decision or additional docs to be asked for...sad that thing is that you cannot do any follow up because it is clearly stated on their website that if your application is within the processing time you cannot do any follow-up from them...worst you cannot even send an additional document if you applied online until they asked for it:(

In Spousal Open Work Permit FB page there were several online applications that were approved in less that 2 months...so let's keep hoping for the best result of every application lodged:) keep the faith alive! My prayers!

scholar201

Jul 13, 2013
I have received same email from CIC on 21 Aug 2015 that "information has been updated" when I go to MyCIC account, there are no new messages. Its weird. Did anyone face same situation in Aug 2015?

I am a study permit applicant from US

saadmoe

Dec 1, 2014
scholar201 said:
I have received same email from CIC on 21 Aug 2015 that "information has been updated" when I go to MyCIC account, there are no new messages. Its weird. Did anyone face same situation in Aug 2015?

I am a study permit applicant from US
It's sad that a country like canada cannot manage a system as important as this...embarrassing and unprofessional.

My wife is sponsoring her parents for a visit to be with her for the birth of our son, we get the same damn emails...that there is an update, but once you log in there is no updates or messages besides the initial messages of the receipt of application and emails. We sent a technical support ticket from within the account and even an email to the Egyptian visa office(lost cause from past experience, these people are clueless) and nothing so far...seeing from other posters, this issue seems common and shouldn't happen especially with a matter this important, how are we suppose to know what is going on? Until the last minute when the application is refused due to no reply from anyone because we did not receive anything from them!?

I feel your pain, it's very bad not knowing what is going on...I will call their customer service agents tomorrow, and even then, they are rude and none of them want to help or even know what they are talking about (also from past experience talking to them)...sigh

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
I'm totally agree with you. "they are rude and none of them want to help"

saadmoe said:
It's sad that a country like canada cannot manage a system as important as this...embarrassing and unprofessional.

My wife is sponsoring her parents for a visit to be with her for the birth of our son, we get the same damn emails...that there is an update, but once you log in there is no updates or messages besides the initial messages of the receipt of application and emails. We sent a technical support ticket from within the account and even an email to the Egyptian visa office(lost cause from past experience, these people are clueless) and nothing so far...seeing from other posters, this issue seems common and shouldn't happen especially with a matter this important, how are we suppose to know what is going on? Until the last minute when the application is refused due to no reply from anyone because we did not receive anything from them!?

I feel your pain, it's very bad not knowing what is going on...I will call their customer service agents tomorrow, and even then, they are rude and none of them want to help or even know what they are talking about (also from past experience talking to them)...sigh

fbcity1

May 19, 2016
I applied in May 2016 and still, I got the same issues described above: email about updates, when in fact noone has looked at it...