Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
Hi

i have applied for citizenship and have got a RQ, the reason was i used to travel to US in Car and most of the times there are no stamps on Passport. So CIC has sent me a form to fill CIT 0171 form.

one of the question says "list(from earliest to most recent) all trips outside of Canada(including day trips and trips to the united states)
- do i need to include the trip details if i have gone for just few hours (like 4 to 6 hours) trip to US and came back same day

and they have asked to show residence proof and any Rental Lease documents ( i dont have my previos appartment Lease documents) - are there any other proofs i can send.

Need your help on filling this form

Thanks
Raj

Happygolucky_again

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Hi,

I think you have to provide the delays even if you have gone for 1 day.... Better safe than sorry. I heard you can apply for a CBSA report online and you will get the report in 30 days....Not sure though....

Answer 2, if you dont have rental receipts, use the followings:
- Utility bills
- Bank Statements
- Insurance Statements
- Credit card bills....

Anything you can prove that you were living where you said in the application.

chantilocal said:
Hi

i have applied for citizenship and have got a RQ, the reason was i used to travel to US in Car and most of the times there are no stamps on Passport. So CIC has sent me a form to fill CIT 0171 form.

one of the question says "list(from earliest to most recent) all trips outside of Canada(including day trips and trips to the united states)
- do i need to include the trip details if i have gone for just few hours (like 4 to 6 hours) trip to US and came back same day

and they have asked to show residence proof and any Rental Lease documents ( i dont have my previos appartment Lease documents) - are there any other proofs i can send.

Need your help on filling this form

Thanks
Raj

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chantilocal said:
Lease or mortgage documents are some of the most important proof you can provide. If you do not have them, I highly recommend getting your landlord or family member to write a letter saying you lived there from XX date to XX date and paid $XX per month AND get them to notarize the document by going to a commissioner of oaths.

Good luck.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
If you paid the rent by cheque, get copies of all the cheques from your bank and send those as a proof of residence.or get the bank statements and highlight the monthly rent taken out of your account.