+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got a refusal, would like some of your ideas!

Marina23

Jan 29, 2021
Hi everyone! Just got a refusal from ircc and it reads as follows:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I'm ordering GCMS now but still want your advice and any is appreciated!

Here are some of my info:

Program applied: 2-yr Diploma in CS-related fields
Education: Bachelor of Education
IELTS: L:9 R:8.5 S:7 W:6.5

funding:
1. 18000CAD paid for the tuition by me and my partner;
2. 12000CAD in cash in my account
3. 80000CAD Sponsored by my mother (transferred to my account in Dec, 2020)

PS:We own an apartment in our home country and do not have any relatives in Canada.

Time Line:
Feb.3 Applied
Feb.5 Biometrics Collection Letter
Mar.18 Refusal

Here are some of my questions:
1. Does the reason given above means that the VO finds my study plan somehow reasonable?
2. Is there any other ways to improve my funding?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Why do you need to take a 2 year diploma in CS in Canada? CS diplomas can probably be taken in your home country, no?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I don't think the program choice is the problem as the VO has only mentioned the financial reason
You would be surprised, sometimes the reasons given to applicants are very vague but when you order GCMS notes there are more detailed comments like he was not happy with the study plan, etc.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
30 year old married going for a diploma in a field other than your Bachelor's and then with only 12000 in your account is concerning.
  • Going for diploma when you have Bachelor's
  • Going for CS when your background is in Education
  • Only 12000 as a 30 year old married couple
  • Mother sponsoring 80.000? Where did she get this money from. You are old, you shouldn't have to be sponsored. And if so, you should've just transferred the money into your account incrementally
  • Applying for spouse on a diploma program

Marina23

Jan 29, 2021
Why do you need to take a 2 year diploma in CS in Canada? CS diplomas can probably be taken in your home country, no?
I explained in my SOP that the i have some doubt about the teaching quality in my home country and referenced a news article from CNN

Marina23

Jan 29, 2021
You would be surprised, sometimes the reasons given to applicants are very vague but when you order GCMS notes there are more detailed comments like he was not happy with the study plan, etc.
I see. Thank you so much for your insights!

Marina23

Jan 29, 2021
30 year old married going for a diploma in a field other than your Bachelor's and then with only 12000 in your account is concerning.
  • Going for diploma when you have Bachelor's
  • Going for CS when your background is in Education
  • Only 12000 as a 30 year old married couple
  • Mother sponsoring 80.000? Where did she get this money from. You are old, you shouldn't have to be sponsored. And if so, you should've just transferred the money into your account incrementally
  • Applying for spouse on a diploma program
So the money have already been in my account for 3 and a half month, is it long enough to be accepted by VO as my own asset?

vede

Feb 3, 2021
So the money have already been in my account for 3 and a half month, is it long enough to be accepted by VO as my own asset?
The short answer is no. It should stay for at least 4 months but the recommended is 6 months and above. also your program choice is questionable even though VO didn't mention it.
1.Wait for GCSM notes and then apply.
2.focus on your next SOP and explain every detail.
3. apply after June so that your bank statement won't show 80000
4. make sure you have a healthy/realistic bank transaction until then

Reactions: Marina23