+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got a refusal for my study permit.

Esthersaa

Jan 31, 2019
Hi
Today I got my visa refusal and on the letter it was written:

"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including: Purpose of study" I do not quite understand since i send an employement letter as proof of return and family ties too. I'm really confuse shock and discourage.

Also i just realised that i didn't state on my Study plan that i was returning after my studies i didn't know i had to till i read this forums. Could that be the problem? But my visa agent on the Submission letter stated that i will be returnig back after my studies on their this was my study plan.

My name is __. I chose Toronto as my place of study in Canada because its alumni is showing that not only they focus on the theoretical side of the subject, but they make sure that their students are experiencing different scenarios and vary situations which will make them ready to work in real life. Also, I think the facility in this college will be very helpful and useful to gain experience and learn by experimenting.

In my country , especially in my field of studies the employment markets are highly competitive. Most people that get jobs offers with highly paid salaries are mostly those who further their education in countries like Canada. Canada claimed the number one of the top spot in categories ranging from "best place to live" to "best place to study. The rewards of studying in Canada are big while the cost is small, particularly compared to its neighbor to the south. It has the reputation of school giving their very best to student. That is courses are been well explain and given live time scenarios for student to comprehend and implement with a real follow up on student which is something you rarely can find in my country.

I someday want to start my own company that is why I started studying Business Management. Toronto School of Management program focuses on the latest developments in international business management, which will help me develop the necessary skills and knowledge to be immediately effective as a manager, improving my personal and professional skills.

I also chose Canada for its friendly warm, and welcoming nature for foreigners. My cousins leaving in Montreal testify it to me every day.

I am very excited for my future and I have chosen Canada to pursue my education. I hope you will give me this chance to meet my objectives and enrich my career opportunities after I graduate.

Last edited:

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi

"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including: Purpose of study" I do not quite understand since i send an employement letter as proof of return and family ties too. I'm really confuse shock and discourage.

Also i just realised that i didn't state on my Study plan that i was returning after my studies i didn't know i had to till i read this forums. Could that be the problem? But my visa agent on the Submission letter stated that i will be returnig back after my studies on their this was my study plan.

My name is __. I chose Toronto as my place of study in Canada because its alumni is showing that not only they focus on the theoretical side of the subject, but they make sure that their students are experiencing different scenarios and vary situations which will make them ready to work in real life. Also, I think the facility in this college will be very helpful and useful to gain experience and learn by experimenting.

In my country , especially in my field of studies the employment markets are highly competitive. Most people that get jobs offers with highly paid salaries are mostly those who further their education in countries like Canada. Canada claimed the number one of the top spot in categories ranging from "best place to live" to "best place to study. The rewards of studying in Canada are big while the cost is small, particularly compared to its neighbor to the south. It has the reputation of school giving their very best to student. That is courses are been well explain and given live time scenarios for student to comprehend and implement with a real follow up on student which is something you rarely can find in my country.

I someday want to start my own company that is why I started studying Business Management. Toronto School of Management program focuses on the latest developments in international business management, which will help me develop the necessary skills and knowledge to be immediately effective as a manager, improving my personal and professional skills.

I also chose Canada for its friendly warm, and welcoming nature for foreigners. My cousins leaving in Montreal testify it to me every day.

I am very excited for my future and I have chosen Canada to pursue my education. I hope you will give me this chance to meet my objectives and enrich my career opportunities after I graduate.
What is the status of your cousins in Montreal? Are they PR or student

Esthersaa

Jan 31, 2019
Your background : Finances, education. Course choice. Family ties back home.

There wasn't any need to mention your cousin in SOP as it's already mentioned in family information page
It wasn't mention in my family information page there i just put my direct family. what's the meaning of "Your background : Finances, education. Course choice. Family ties back home."

Esthersaa

Jan 31, 2019
Your background : Finances, education. Course choice. Family ties back home.

There wasn't any need to mention your cousin in SOP as it's already mentioned in family information page
Hi Again
What do you advice me to do in this case. My course is diploma in Business management with co-op, my dad is my sponsor he gave an account showing an amount more than twice what they asked i'm curently working in his company and have a promissing letter stating that i will get a higher position after my diploma.

What more could I have added according to you pls

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi Again
What do you advice me to do in this case. My course is diploma in Business management with co-op, my dad is my sponsor he gave an account showing an amount more than twice what they asked i'm curently working in his company and have a promissing letter stating that i will get a higher position after my diploma.

What more could I have added according to you pls
What's your current educational qualification.? IELTS individual scores?

Esthersaa

Jan 31, 2019
My
What's your current educational qualification.? IELTS individual scores?
current qualification in ABE Level 5 Diploma in Business management which is only 8 subjects whereas the course i'm going for is a diploma in business management with co-op and it has 17 subjects but i didn't specify it like that on my SOP

I didn't do an ielts test my school said i didn't need it they gave me another test which i passed before they could grant me an admission

Last edited:

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Just a thought, your father promising you a higher position in his company is not a guarantee for you to return to your country. I do not see that as a strong tie to your home unfortunately. Others may have different ideas.

Esthersaa

Jan 31, 2019
Just a thought, your father promising you a higher position in his company is not a guarantee for you to return to your country. I do not see that as a strong tie to your home unfortunately. Others may have different ideas.
Thank you for your input
Please what can then be a strong family tie examples for a single person with no kids. And also how can I be more convincing

abhi07sharma

Star Member
Feb 19, 2018
Hi

It should have been short, and to the point. Because having a glimpse, I was unable to read those important lines of your return after studies....

This is mine***
I strenuously believe that the various courses in this program are very vital for my learning process. After the completion, I will be returning to my motherland with immense proficiency and a bag full of human
values and human ethics. Actually, there are colossal job opportunities for civil engineers in my country but the need is of talented ones and of those, who have the ability to render something extra-ordinary to the
nation. So, this post-graduate certificate will enlighten me enough to flourish my career and get a good job in my own country.

Dear Sir/Madam, I hope that all my documents reach you in proper order and I kindly request you to process
my visa application as soon as possible. I request you to grant me the privilege to study in Construction
Project Management course at Lambton College. I am very thankful to you for giving your valuable time to consider my student visa application.

Reactions: Esthersaa

Esthersaa

Jan 31, 2019
It should have been short, and to the point. Because having a glimpse, I was unable to read those important lines of your return after studies....

This is mine***
I strenuously believe that the various courses in this program are very vital for my learning process. After the completion, I will be returning to my motherland with immense proficiency and a bag full of human
values and human ethics. Actually, there are colossal job opportunities for civil engineers in my country but the need is of talented ones and of those, who have the ability to render something extra-ordinary to the
nation. So, this post-graduate certificate will enlighten me enough to flourish my career and get a good job in my own country.

Dear Sir/Madam, I hope that all my documents reach you in proper order and I kindly request you to process
my visa application as soon as possible. I request you to grant me the privilege to study in Construction
Project Management course at Lambton College. I am very thankful to you for giving your valuable time to consider my student visa application.
Thank you for your answer and input is true I didn’t emphasyse on returning back i didn’t know it was important. I will write a new one as soon as I get my GCMS I will make you read my draft for more advice yours is great!