+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got a mail to Submit passport at VFS...what next?

sairamchaganti

Aug 27, 2015
Hi all,

I received a mail from CIC to submit my passport and 2 photographs at the VFS CENTER INDIA, have a few questions

1. Does this mean that my EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION is approved?
2. My background check is still in progress but a passport request was made is this normal?
3. My wife is 3 red month pregnant, and the letter states that I report the change of circumstances to THE OFFICE (referring to VFS in the case) is this enough or should I write a mail to CPC OTTAWA?
4. In how many days can I expect the passport to return to my address?

Please help me as I'm astonished and confused that I waiting for 5 long months after application and in 2 days my express entry profile changed to Background check on progress and all others are not started yet.

My AOR date is Oct,19 2015

Regards
Sairam

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
sairamchaganti said:
Hi all,

I received a mail from CIC to submit my passport and 2 photographs at the VFS CENTER INDIA, have a few questions

1. Does this mean that my EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION is approved? It means they are asking for your passport for COPR and VISA.
2. My background check is still in progress but a passport request was made is this normal? It ll be changed to approved once they stamp your passport.
3. My wife is 3 red month pregnant, and the letter states that I report the change of circumstances to THE OFFICE (referring to VFS in the case) is this enough or should I write a mail to CPC OTTAWA? I am not sure on this, if you are flying in next 2-3 months then no need.
4. In how many days can I expect the passport to return to my address? 15-30 days, it is dependent on VO.

Please help me as I'm astonished and confused that I waiting for 5 long months after application and in 2 days my express entry profile changed to Background check on progress and all others are not started yet.

My AOR date is Oct,19 2015

Regards
Sairam