+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got a letter... In Dilemma... Experts pls guide

harryy

Feb 10, 2009
Dear All,

My sister got married two years ago and 4-5 months after marriage they applied under FSW in May 2011.

Case was inprocess since Feb 2012.

Today they received a letter where the immigration section is asking for following documents:

• Joint Bank A/c statement.
    Copy of EP Fund showing spouse as beneficiary.
    Joint Medical insurance.

She is in dilemma now as they dont have all these documents, but she definitely can show other proofs of relation.

Please guide, what to do in this case.

NavneetK

Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0111 and 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
5TH JUNE,2013
LANDED..........
18TH JULY,2013
harryy said:
Dear All,

My sister got married two years ago and 4-5 months after marriage they applied under FSW in May 2011.

Today they received a letter where the immigration section is asking for following documents:

Joint Medical insurance.

She is in dilemma now as they dont have all these documents, but she definitely can show other proofs of relation.

harry can you please share what documents your sis had send 2 CHC for her marriage relationship.
was their name exchanged on one another's Passports.
marriage certificate was submitted or not?
harry opening a joint account is not cumbersome thing you can do it now also after that having a joint insurance plan is also not tough to do.go ahead and give as many proofs as possible.these both things can be prepared within 2 to 3 days.
i am also geting my marriage updated with CHC these things i am going to send them.they are must for proving your relationship.

THE SUPER KING

Oct 5, 2012
HYDERABAD INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harryy said:
Dear All,

Joint Medical insurance.

Hi Harryy,

Simply try to produce all the relevant marriage proofs what you have ex. (Marriage certificates etc.), and if possible send marriage photos as well as marriage videos to VO. They will definitely consider it.

prospective

Aug 27, 2009
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2009
Doc's Request.
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
26-04-2010
Med's Request
Oct 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
harryy said:
Dear All,

Joint Medical insurance.

Thank god I and my spouse opened a joint bank account immediately after marriage. My suggestion would be to open a joint account and transfer all your funds to this joint account. Inform the CHC that you got your funds transferred from other accounts which are also yours.

harryy

Feb 10, 2009
Dear All, thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. Expecting more feeback from respected members of this forum.

@ Sister Navneet Kaur:
Dear Sister, Thanks for your reply.

Marriage Certificate was provided at the time of application.
Changed the family name, got that endorsed in Passport, Added the Spouse name in Passport (for both) and also sent notarised copies of Passports to CHC ND.

I understand that opening a joint account is not an issue, but Is it advisable at this moment? Will it not look fishy? Somebody advised not to do this... its really tough here to decide..

@THE SUPER KING
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, all these proofs are available and will produce the same. Question here is.. we are not able to produce what they have demanaded and how it will impact?

@prospective
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, it can be done, but question is as above mentioned is it advisable, would CHC not take this as fishy?

DEAR ALL PLEASE SUGGEST, SHE IS IN DEEP TENSION.

harryy

Feb 10, 2009
Re: Got a letter... In Dilemma... Quorax, PMM pls help

Dears, pls provide your thoughts on this. Thanks in anticipation

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
harryy said:
Dear All,

Joint Medical insurance.

Though i awlays keep joint account just because its easy to bank when we both got access to our main account but i never thought this can be proof of relationship .

There are 100s of things to proof your relationship but question is that do CIC ask every one to proof there wedding or its just you ?
May be due to some reasion they are in doubt .

You should send them as many evidence , copy of her docs like bank acc, phone bill etc if any showing you both live at same address.
Your wedding photos , family photos , marrige certificate , passport copy showing spouse name , any medical test reports showing you wife name as MRS wifename yourSurname. Etc.

May be they just randomly ask some people to proof there relationship and you were just one of them. Dont worry everything will be fine. All the best

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I agree that it could make the VO think it was odd that you suddenly opened new accounts upon their request. A better approach could be to write a letter explaining WHY you did not do this when you got married. If you have a solid rationale for your decision to keep separate accounts it might be a stronger position. Definitely provide everything you have showing both your names at the same address (bank statements in your separate names both coming to the same address, utility bills/travel insurance/flights/government documents like income tax). What about your wills. Show that you named each other as beneficiaries. Same for insurance benefits naming each other as benficiaries.

harryy

Feb 10, 2009
Thanks Dear Aquib and Pippin for your inputs.

Do we need to send other documents/proofs which they have not asked at all? will in not strike to them that we have not asked why the applicant is sending all this?

Have anybody came across this situation where you were not having asked docs but provided others? Please respond.

Centaur

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Ask for GCMS/CAIPS notes. You will know what triggered this need from VO, possibly.

harryy said:

Do we need to send other documents/proofs which they have not asked at all? will in not strike to them that we have not asked why the applicant is sending all this?

Have anybody came across this situation where you were not having asked docs but provided others? Please respond.

NavneetK

Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0111 and 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
5TH JUNE,2013
LANDED..........
18TH JULY,2013
Centaur said:
Ask for GCMS/CAIPS notes. You will know what triggered this need from VO, possibly.
in my opinion as harry has said that they got married just 4 to 5 months before applying for PR.
VO is having this thing in mind that they might have shown marriage to fetch more points for eligibility.
As in many MI1 cases who were in same above said scenario were called for an interviews also.

smshussain

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2010
AOR Received.
29-08-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Docs+PP sent  : 22-11-2012
LANDED..........
March 11, 2013
harryy said:

Hi,

Friend of mine had a similar situation. Send as many documents as you can which exists before the query was raised
there is no way this will go against you on the contrary it will be a plus...

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
I got married in Feb 2011 and applied in May 2011. I only provided my marriage certificate and had nothing else with me other than that. I am lucky that Sydney vo didn't ask me anything related to my marriage.

Harryy, your sister needs to write and explain to vo about the documents she has. New documents after the date of letter issuance by vo are no good.

harryy

Feb 10, 2009
harry_aussie said:
I got married in Feb 2011 and applied in May 2011. I only provided my marriage certificate and had nothing else with me other than that. I am lucky that Sydney vo didn't ask me anything related to my marriage.

Harryy, your sister needs to write and explain to vo about the documents she has. New documents after the date of letter issuance by vo are no good.
Thanks harry. I got your point but just thinking what else can be done...