+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got a job offer - what would be the impact on my PR?

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

I got a good news today when I opened my e-mail. I got an offer from McMaster University as a post-doc. I am wondering what impact will it have on my PR?

To give you a little background on my PR application-
I am a PNP-Ontario applicant (PhD stream). The latest status on my PR application is I have added my wife to the file, and we have finished our medicals on July/20/2013.

My post-graduation work permit (PGWP) is expired. I do not have any visa to enter Canada now. I am wondering if I were to take this research position what should I do? I am really keen on taking this offer and move back to Canada. Please share your thoughts.

Best wishes,
Frontenacs

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would like to add that- My original visa office was Buffalo when I was at Cornell. Later my file was transferred to CPP-Ottawa. Currently I work and live in India.

I am expecting my PPR in 2-3 months.

What visa I would apply now based on the current offer?

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
someone please suggest something.. what kind of visa i should apply for?

nefirious

Aug 5, 2012
I guess a work permit, if you're getting your PR stamped by then, then you don't need a work permit. I don't know if you require an LMO or something like that. Please confirm that with someone.

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nefirious said:
I guess a work permit, if you're getting your PR stamped by then, then you don't need a work permit. I don't know if you require an LMO or something like that. Please confirm that with someone.
I am still waiting for my PPR. My PR application is still short of COPR by couple of months. I am to start this position by Nov/15/2013. Real question is should I wait until I receive my PPR from Ottawa, or without waiting I go ahead with temporary work permit application at New Delhi??? I do not require an LMO.. Any guess on processing time for a temporary work permit without LMO??

sangu123

Jun 3, 2013
I had applied for a work permit from Bangalore VFS office. It took me 20 days to get my work permit. I feel you should go ahead with application for work permit regardless of your PR processing. Hope that helps...