+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got a call from CRA!! Will i loose my P.R ?

harry gambhir

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
EDIT: SORRY SERVICE CANADA CALLED MY EMPLOYER

I got my LMIA in 2016
Applied and got my residency in 2017
my previous employer who I was working with when I got the lmia and p.r contacted me today saying that he got a call from the CRA saying
we have been randomly selected to find out if everything was legit and if there was a fraud committed to get a work permit.

My question is
1. after I have given all my t4 and tax returns and didn't commit fraud why am I still being targetted after so many years.?
2. Anyone else who has had a similar experience or someone who knows what's happening can shed some light?
3. Will my permanent residency be taken away?

I am scared guys please help

Last edited:

Aarav123

Oct 10, 2013
It’s very unusual,I would say just watch out if your employer asks you to pay the old taxes or make some settlement.Just be careful from your employer!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Seems like they are also targeting the company if they are sponsoring employees and then employees move on once they get PR.

suji22

Dec 14, 2018
EDIT: SORRY SERVICE CANADA CALLED MY EMPLOYER

I got my LMIA in 2016
Applied and got my residency in 2017
my previous employer who I was working with when I got the lmia and p.r contacted me today saying that he got a call from the CRA saying
we have been randomly selected to find out if everything was legit and if there was a fraud committed to get a work permit.

My question is
1. after I have given all my t4 and tax returns and didn't commit fraud why am I still being targetted after so many years.?
2. Anyone else who has had a similar experience or someone who knows what's happening can shed some light?
3. Will my permanent residency be taken away?

I am scared guys please help
I think its fake.if CRA is investigating a business wouldnt they do it secretly?..if business is sketchy then informing an employer would give him time to hide and destroy documents..i think if business is fake.then you would loose your PR..and have to start from scrath..no not deported

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
The post was edited, to Service Canada called. Service Canada, I remember from a friend who used to work there , has a department that looks into everything after the fact ,from past work permits ( LMIA)to benefits paid . The key words being is “ after the fact “. Same thing with other departments. Your tax return will be assessed , but does not mean they can’t go back and ask for more information to substantiate claims

suji22

Dec 14, 2018
Losing PR due to misrepresentation will result in deportation and a permanent/temporary ban from Canada. The call could be fake or could be real, who knows. OP and his employer should carefully disclose any information to them.
ok.but employees dont know what is going on in management and what employer is doing.
would employee be deported?