+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got 2yr work visa in a farm Quebec , chances for PR?

mac1234

Mar 23, 2014
Hi friend's i got a job in farm quebec but visa only for 2 year, i like to stay permanent. Is it possible to get pr or apply for pr with in 2yr and if not how can i extend visa..please help..

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mac1234 said:
Hi friend's i got a job in farm quebec but visa only for 2 year, i like to stay permanent. Is it possible to get pr or apply for pr with in 2yr and if not how can i extend visa..please help..
Which farm, and how did you get the job?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mac1234 said:
Through my friend.. any idea abt PR option??
Depending on the exact job, you might be able to go for CEC or PNP. However, you will have to check what is available on the CIC web site.

There have been some "scam" farm jobs from Quebec, so I was just asking in case it was one we have seen before..

mac1234

Mar 23, 2014
zardoz said:
Depending on the exact job, you might be able to go for CEC or PNP. However, you will have to check what is available on the CIC web site.

There have been some "scam" farm jobs from Quebec, so I was just asking in case it was one we have seen before..
I didt applied yet.. am thinkg to do..

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
zardoz said:

@Zardoz, did you miss something? CEC can accept quebec's experience but only if 'you show intent to live outside of quebec' which is not trivial at least. Because once you have a PR, CIC cannot enforce any thing on you. So they try hard to confirm that. I myself am in this situation and hoping to move to Ottawa if needed because my employer has a head office in Gatineau.

The quebec's provincial program is called QSW which normally requires advanced intermediate proficiency in french.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
fkl said:
@ Zardoz, did you miss something? CEC can accept quebec's experience but only if 'you show intent to live outside of quebec' which is not trivial at least. Because once you have a PR, CIC cannot enforce any thing on you. So they try hard to confirm that. I myself am in this situation and hoping to move to Ottawa if needed because my employer has a head office in Gatineau.

The quebec's provincial program is called QSW which normally requires advanced intermediate proficiency in french.
Quite possible...
I'm more concerned that the OP is not being scammed by one of the poultry or fruit farm scammers.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
zardoz said:
Quite possible...
I'm more concerned that the OP is not being scammed by one of the poultry or fruit farm scammers.
Sure i understand that. What i was wondering is that are you implying that even if the farm job is legitimate and inside quebec, there is some discretion for getting CEC while still being in Quebec?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
fkl said:
Sure i understand that. What i was wondering is that are you implying that even if the farm job is legitimate and inside quebec, there is some discretion for getting CEC while still being in Quebec?
I see what you mean. I wasn't assuming that the OP was committed to staying in Quebec. I got the impression that the OP was just looking for an "in".