+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Goods to follow

Hiphop29

Nov 12, 2020
Hello All,

We did our soft landing last year and at that time didn't had GTF list and explained the officer that since we're not moving permanently, we will get it when we decide to move. So the question is, can we create GTF list and get it certified at the border? We will be moving the goods via Upack. We're planning on driving our car and getting it imported as well. Would appreciate if someone can throw in some insights.

mkdirjavac

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
Passport Req..
05-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2020
Hello All,

We did our soft landing last year and at that time didn't had GTF list and explained the officer that since we're not moving permanently, we will get it when we decide to move. So the question is, can we create GTF list and get it certified at the border? We will be moving the goods via Upack. We're planning on driving our car and getting it imported as well. Would appreciate if someone can throw in some insights.
I forgot to mention GTF when I first landed. I did get my GTF stamped afterwards though. However, it largely depends on the CBSA officer who handles your case. The officer who handles my case are pretty nice and just stamped on my BSF186 form. Prepare a BSF186 form and check as a new settler on that form. When collecting GTF thru a border CBSA or any commercial Carrier, show them stamped form you should be charged no tax.
I get my BSF186 stamped at a non-border CBSA office. I think non-border CBSA officers are pretty lenient on such cases.

Hiphop29

Nov 12, 2020
I forgot to mention GTF when I first landed. I did get my GTF stamped afterwards though. However, it largely depends on the CBSA officer who handles your case. The officer who handles my case are pretty nice and just stamped on my BSF186 form. Prepare a BSF186 form and check as a new settler on that form. When collecting GTF thru a border CBSA or any commercial Carrier, show them stamped form you should be charged no tax.
I get my BSF186 stamped at a non-border CBSA office. I think non-border CBSA officers are pretty lenient on such cases.
Thanks! In my case, the officer did mention that I can do it when I come to settle permanently.