Jay395

Mar 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2018
Hi,

My family and I did our soft-landing at Toronto in April 2019, where we submitted and received a stamped Goods to Follow document. We stayed there for a couple of weeks and returned to Saudi Arabia where I work.

I (alone) will be moving permanently to Canada in a few days.

My family will travel permanently to Canada at a later date, assuming in 2021.

Q1. Who carries the stamped Goods to Follow document - Me or my wife? I am barely carrying anything of value. The major value goods (read jewelry) will be with my wife.
Q2. If my wife is the one carrying the stamped Goods to Follow document, can I carry/show a copy of the document to CBSA?
Q3. Do I have to submit a Goods to Accompany form to CBSA? Do they "match" this form with the Goods to Follow document copy that I will be carrying?

Unfortunately scourging the forum did not provide me with a clear answer.

Thanks for reading and replying!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) The person (Assume both names are in the form, could be you or your wife) who clears the customs when the goods arrived.
2) Why do you want to do that?
3) No. You are barely carrying anything of value.

Reactions: Jay395

Jay395

Mar 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2018
Steaky - Thank you for your reply.

Yes, both our names are in the document which I possess. The issue is as I've said - We will be arriving separately and I am unsure who should be carrying the document when arriving in Canada.

An idea I have - I carry the document with me when entering Canada. I FedEx it to my wife, and she uses it when she's entering Canada.

How does that sound?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steaky - Thank you for your reply.

Yes, both our names are in the document which I possess. The issue is as I've said - We will be arriving separately and I am unsure who should be carrying the document when arriving in Canada.

An idea I have - I carry the document with me when entering Canada. I FedEx it to my wife, and she uses it when she's entering Canada.

How does that sound?
You only need to show the document for the goods customs clearance. Otherwise, you don't need to show them. But if you want to waste money to fedex, then up to you.

Jay395

Mar 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2018
You only need to show the document for the goods customs clearance.
Correct me if I am wrong - I only show the GTF document when I am carrying stuff mentioned therein. Correct?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correct me if I am wrong - I only show the GTF document when I am carrying stuff mentioned therein. Correct?
GTF are goods that are non accompany i.e. via shipping, air freight or relocation companies. If you are carrying in, then should be GAF document.

Jay395

Mar 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2018
Do you mean the Goods to Accompany document?