Goods to Declare when returning to Canada

Jennnn11

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-12-2020
Hi good day, I would be returning to Canada on January and still confused about the goods that I need to declare on my re-entry,.

I have been outside Canada for 6 months upon returning and:

1. I have all my stuff with me including bags and clothing purchased from Canada that I will be bringing back with me upon returning.
I have read that "You should take advantage of a free identification service for valuables you are bringing with you on your travels."
Should I only do this if I have a high value jewelry and stuff? I never did this when I leave Canada so I am worried that they might ask me about my stuff when I go back.

2. When I go back to Canada, I have a wedding ring with me (probably gold) do i need to include it on my declaration?
3. On Custom's declaration Card there is a section that I need to declare value of goods I have acquired abroad, I do have some (specifically clothing, nothing of high value), and have used it a couple of times, Do i need to fill out that section either?
4. I would probably bring some dry goods like candies, is this subject to restrictions as well?

I would really appreciate your response on this matter. Thank you.