App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Hi guys! I hope to be landing soon, and I've been thinking about my Goods/Goods to Follow list. I know that these questions come up all the time, but I was just hoping for a little clarification. I understand that for most items generalities are Okay (One box kitchen supplies, one box books, 5 blankets, 1 box office supplies etc.) along with an estimated price.

My question is about a few larger items. It is alright to put "1 Dresser" or, do I need to be more specific about the brand of the dresser? Also, I have a box or two of fine china. Can I just put "One Box China" or do I need to be more specific about the maker and the print of the china?

I'm preparing this list from Canada, while all of my goods are in the States. It's tough enough to remember what I have there... I'm just wondering how specific I need to be!

Thanks for the help! :) You guys are wonderful.

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
quakingaspen said:
Hi guys! I hope to be landing soon, and I've been thinking about my Goods/Goods to Follow list. I know that these questions come up all the time, but I was just hoping for a little clarification. I understand that for most items generalities are Okay (One box kitchen supplies, one box books, 5 blankets, 1 box office supplies etc.) along with an estimated price.

My question is about a few larger items. It is alright to put "1 Dresser" or, do I need to be more specific about the brand of the dresser? Also, I have a box or two of fine china. Can I just put "One Box China" or do I need to be more specific about the maker and the print of the china?

I'm preparing this list from Canada, while all of my goods are in the States. It's tough enough to remember what I have there... I'm just wondering how specific I need to be!

I have my house contents in storage, the list will help, I was told to list bigger items ie. Oak dresser with replacement cost second hand. I've already covered the insurance for storage and marine transportation, and have the goods to follow to complete when needed. Clothes etc need to be bulked and priced per box. The main issue for the UK was that nothing could have any traces of soil on it, so all outdoor/camping equipment was not stored to be brought over, only my wellies which were soaked and scrubbed til new lol

It's a nightmare of a list to prepare if you are bringing a decent amount of 'stuff' with you.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quakingaspen said:

Hi,

What you are going to do is exactly correct. You don't have to list each and every item. A listing in a group is OK.
Ex: Assorted ladies dress : two box, Assorted mens wear : --- box, Sheets and towels -- box, Shoes : 12 pairs, like that.
If you have any music system, LCD TV,Microwave oven or soemthing like that give the make,model and serial number if possible.
However, the CBSA s not going to cross check each and every item according to your B4 forms. Therefore 100% accuracy is not essential when it is not possible.

quakingaspen

Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Thanks, Wilson! I appreciate the help. I've been putting the list off for awhile now because it just seems easy to do it wrong. But I'm getting the feeling that unlike most of the rest of immigration, there's a little wiggle room on this list.

Thanks again!

popeyede

Jun 27, 2018
Are goods here only referring to physical objects? Does anyone know how to declare oversee properties or equities?

Thanks very much

Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
Hey all,
I think my question is probably being asked multiple times in multiple ways. Anyway, I couldn't find a definitive answer.
I have a car booked but not delivered (probably be end of year before I take possession) .
I know the make and model but not the VIN. Could I list whatever I know so far on the Goods to follow OR do I need to delay my soft landing until such time as I have that information?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Lots on goods to follow here:

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow-Canada

There is a difference between a soft landing (landing to declare PR) for CIC and 'landing as a settler' (landing for good with goods to follow for CBSA). It is quite normal to do a soft landing, turn around and head back overseas, then sell up and return with goods to follow on a landing months later.

As regards cars / motorbikes etc., unless you are bringing them over from the US, OR unless they are at least 15 years old (and so considered vintage), then you have almost no chance of importing to Canada.

Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
Lots on goods to follow here:

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow-Canada

There is a difference between a soft landing (landing to declare PR) for CIC and 'landing as a settler' (landing for good with goods to follow for CBSA). It is quite normal to do a soft landing, turn around and head back overseas, then sell up and return with goods to follow on a landing months later.

As regards cars / motorbikes etc., unless you are bringing them over from the US, OR unless they are at least 15 years old (and so considered vintage), then you have almost no chance of importing to Canada.
Thanks for replying.
1. The link you provided didn't work. Does it work for you?
2. I get the definition of "settler" thing but I am interpreting the official document differently - mainly that it doesn't apply to PRs. So, is your take (and the general consensus) that we can take the list of goods to follow when we decide to finally move to canada (and not declare it at the time we do a soft landing)?
3. What would be the proof that we would be entitled to such an entry with a new declaration of Goods to Follow/accompanying at the time we do so? Is there a possibility that we could be refused? If so, what can we show?

If you think I should just be reading other material, please say so and I won't bother with this thread.

erikaferns

Dec 26, 2018
Hi ,
I got my PR in December last year. I left before I got my PR card to resume work back in Dubai.(the move got delayed by the whole covid situation )
I’m planning on moving to Toronto by February 2021 now that I have my card.
Question is .. will I face an issue when I ship my goods mentioned in the goods to follow list I had presented last year?
Also is it ok if I give a copy of the stamped goods to follow list to the shipper ? If anyone knows the process please let me know .
Thanks !