+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Goods & Goods to Follow lists & COPR

ooklathemok

Jan 28, 2013
Details:

Just got my COPR and I need to cross the border.
Currently residing in Edmonton with my wife, so I will have to drive to border to complete the process (or airport).
I have goods back home in the US, but nothing of value, simply kitchen items, clocks, books & dvds, and a stereo.
My clothes, laptop, camera, PS3 and games are already here as I brought them as a visitor.
Planning to head home to the states to visit this summer and I could grab my things then or ship them.

Questions:
How detailed does the Goods, or Goods to Follow list need to be? I understand that they are probably interested in the high-dollar items(jewelry or electronics), but does my list need to include my kitchen strainer or a pair of wool socks? I was thinking of listing my stereo, a portable heater, but really everything else is simply trophies, knick knacks and office supplies.

Can I do the COPR at the Edmonton International Airport without actually flying anywhere? It is a Point of Entry. I was just wondering if I could drive over there and do the paperwork. Of course, if the Goods to Follow list needs to be super detailed, I probably have to go back to the states and prepare the list, but if it isn't important that I itemize every DVD I own then perhaps I could do my landing at the airport?

mic8400

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Coral Springs, FL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes i finally did see the stickie that had all of the explanations of terms! Probably should've looked there first... =]

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
I don't know about POE in Edmonton, but as for your goods to follow list you don't have to be that detailed. If you classifiy you households as Cloths, Electronics, Books, DVDs, etc and specify an estimated value for each category you will be fine. Only thing to remember is that any items exceeding value of CAD10,000 should be specified as well as any restricted items requiring special import documentation (cars, firearms, pets, etc)