+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Goods Accompanying/Goods To Follow - how accurate should the values be?

moonpie92

Dec 27, 2018
Hi all!

I'm currently filling out these forms and was wondering how accurate the values should be. I'm currently just guesstimating the values (e.g. if it's books, taking the average price of a book and multiplying it). Going through each item and researching prices is just going to drive me crazy!

I mean, will the officers ask me to provide proof of the valuations? Or is a very rough figure what they're looking for?

Thank you in advance for any tips or advice!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi all!

I'm currently filling out these forms and was wondering how accurate the values should be. I'm currently just guesstimating the values (e.g. if it's books, taking the average price of a book and multiplying it). Going through each item and researching prices is just going to drive me crazy!

I mean, will the officers ask me to provide proof of the valuations? Or is a very rough figure what they're looking for?

Thank you in advance for any tips or advice!
A rough estimate of what you might get for them if you sold them is fine. The only stuff you need to be careful about is real jewellery. Some people have been asked for formal jeweller valuations, we were not asked and tgey paid little attention to our list or the values.

Reactions: moonpie92

moonpie92

Dec 27, 2018
A rough estimate of what you might get for them if you sold them is fine. The only stuff you need to be careful about is real jewellery. Some people have been asked for formal jeweller valuations, we were not asked and tgey paid little attention to our list or the values.
Thank you for your reply. I'll be sure to pay special attention to our jewelry listings.