+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

good/reliable lawyer?

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Hi,
I am looking to start the application for Canadian PR through express entry. Since I am extremely busy and a little bit paranoid about law I prefer to use a lawyer so I don't need to pay attention to all details and someone else figure it out. Now I could not find any information about good lawyers for Canada immigration. By good I mean someone who knows what they are doing, responsive (I hate to wait several days with no response), don't mess up
thanks,

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
rxyz said:
Hi,
I am looking to start the application for Canadian PR through express entry. Since I am extremely busy and a little bit paranoid about law I prefer to use a lawyer so I don't need to pay attention to all details and someone else figure it out. Now I could not find any information about good lawyers for Canada immigration. By good I mean someone who knows what they are doing, responsive (I hate to wait several days with no response), don't mess up
thanks,
good/reliable lawyer is an oxymoron.

Reactions: senorbis

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
The EE process is manageable on your own as long as you have the time to do it and follow the guidelines diligently. If you really need to pay someone to do the work for you, why dont you try Campbell Cohen. They are the owners of this site and are so generous to give us their cyberspace for the forum.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rxyz said:
Hi,
thanks,
I'm a strong believer that nobody will care more about your own application than you. The way that the express entry system is set up, you will be paying a huge amount to a lawyer for date entry. The information has to come from you, you may as well be the one to enter it.

Just my two cents.

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
I am a little bit short on time (working all the week 8-5) and also weekend are busy with some other stuff. That's why I prefer a lawyer so I don't mess up because of not having enough time to read all the details (paying a little bit money worth the time in my case). So Campbell Cohen is good? Know anyone who has hired them?
thanks

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Look for Ravi Jain...one of the big names in Toronto....but he charges premium money for his services...

http://www.gands.com/team/bio/ravi-jain

I know couple of guys who used his services for student visa.

But again no one is better than you to file your application.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rxyz said:
I am a little bit short on time (working all the week 8-5) and also weekend are busy with some other stuff. That's why I prefer a lawyer so I don't mess up because of not having enough time to read all the details (paying a little bit money worth the time in my case). So Campbell Cohen is good? Know anyone who has hired them?
thanks
You make it sound as though we all don't have jobs. The advice of @ozlis is spot on: unless you have a complicated application due to criminal history or prior immigration offenses, then you are paying a lawyer for data entry.

Whether you use a representative or not, YOU still have to spend the majority of the time providing all that information to the lawyer.

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
no disrespect intended but every single person has different needs or situation. I meant to point out why I think I need a lawer.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rxyz said:
no disrespect intended but every single person has different needs or situation. I meant to point out why I think I need a lawer.
I understand. My advice is to interview several lawyers. I have read a lot of threads here where people have been screwed over by a representative. I would search the forum using 'representative' to learn what you might get into. Ask for references and check them.

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
I'm paranoid too, and that's why I don't trust the lawyers and am doing it myself. Because to the lawyer we are just clients, but it is our PR, so most important to us. ;D ;D ;D

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
If you must use a lawyer, ensure that your lawyer gives you access to your profile where you can track the progress of your application. Most of them keep login details even though you are responsible for what they enter in your profile and you have to keep asking them about the progress of your file. When you ask them for login details, they either wont give or tell you that if we give you the login details, we are no longer responsible for your application.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Not used them but they have good reviews online. If you must give someone business, might as well give it to someone who is giving us this free space.

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
make sense. I just want to be sure since I have mixed experience with Lawyers in USA. Sometimes they are not as responsive and helpful sometimes they are. Difficult to say : )