+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

( Good news) Visa extension rejected after sending off PR APP. Successfully restored visitor status!

Dellace

Jan 8, 2019
I don't know if these posts are considered useless, but i just received good news. My joy cannot be possibly expressed with any brevity here. I feel this post may give hope to those who received the shocking news like i did and fear they may have to wait out of status. Or choose to leave the country. Wasting hundreds of dollars and much of your time.

If your visitor status has been refused, take heart. Do not spend your time waiting with a sensation of hopelessness like i did. My depression is so deep that i still feel that suicidal urge, stemming from the fear of being kicked out of the love of my life's home country. It will take some time for me to truly recover and celebrate this good news as much as i could. Thank you very much to all the help i received here. Those people know who they are and what they do for people.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Congratulations, I'm very happy for you!

So you had an extension rejected and then applied to restore your status using the PR application as proof? (I just want to capture some of what you did to give others a hint of hope)

Dellace

Jan 8, 2019
Congratulations, I'm very happy for you!

So you had an extension rejected and then applied to restore your status using the PR application as proof? (I just want to capture some of what you did to give others a hint of hope)
Yup! Included as much as I could. Emails, receipts, explanation letter. Not sure what changed. But it seems all the proof i could throw at them make the difference.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That’s great news but you did bring on this big mess yourself. You moved to Canada and have been living here for 3 years as a visitor. Doesn’t sound like you had a permanent home to return to which is required because you are a visitor. Also you guys didn’t rush to file your spousal sponsorship. You could have filed the papers 2 years ago. The real message should be to keep on top of your paperwork and don’t confuse being a visitor versus living in a country.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
That’s great news but you did bring on this big mess yourself. You moved to Canada and have been living here for 3 years as a visitor. Doesn’t sound like you had a permanent home to return to which is required because you are a visitor. Also you guys didn’t rush to file your spousal sponsorship. You could have filed the papers 2 years ago. The real message should be to keep on top of your paperwork and don’t confuse being a visitor versus living in a country.
Yeah, that would be a big thing to do differently in the future. Don't move to the country years before you apply for PR.