+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

good news and i need urgent help plz

karanvir

Jan 30, 2007
I got my passport request today..Thanks to god and all the members who supported on this forum by sharing their ideas and valuable information...I have an important question which is making me worried and that is :

I have been told to send the passport within 60 days and it is written in the letter that the first name and the surname should match what is was wriiten on the form when i applied canada immigration..The thing is my first name is written as KaranVir Singh on the passport the surname is blank on the passport and when i applied immigration i wrote on all the CHC forms that my first name is KAranvir and the surname is singh..Plz help

Karanvir

gurdeep

Star Member
Sep 25, 2007
Hello Karan Vir,

Congratulations on getting PPR. There should not be any problem in the names. As in Indian passports there are two colums (1) Surname (2) Given Name. If you don't provide surname then they cancel the surmane colum. In the CHC forms there are also two colums (1) Family Name (2) Given Name. and we normaly write as Karan Vir as given name and Singh as family name. Even I also write same way as you have written. There is no colum for surname in the CHC forms. So don't worry go ahead. Good luck. Waheguru will do the right thing.

karanvir

Jan 30, 2007
Hi Gurdeep

Thanks for your suggestions i appriciate..I dont know why the passport people dint write my surname is Singh just left it blank...When i filled my passport i wrote my first name is Karanvir and surname as singh..Its just a normal thing but makes me worried as the process is coming to end now.Could other ssenior/premium members put in your views PMM and Thai GUy...Plz input your views..

KaranVir

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
gurdeep

Family name is surname. They're the same thing.

karanvir

I'm not really sure what's going to happen. The issue is that your passport is wrong and that's something you should have taken care of before you began the application process. It's not a small mistake. CIC relies on your passport and application to do the background check. If they determine that the two are not the same, they could ask you to start over.

I suggest you send the passport in as normal and hope for the best.

karanvir

Jan 30, 2007
Hi Thai Guy

CHC sent me a updated information form to send it back to them with the passports where i need to mention my first name, surname, passport number, passport expiry, height and eye colour for myself and the spouse.The names i should mention on this updated form should match the passport thts wt it is written on the chc letter...So if i just write on the updated form that FIrst name is Karanvir Singh and leave the Surname blank do u think that would be a probelm?I would appriciate if other senior members of the group put in their views...

Thanks
KaranVir

karanvir

Jan 30, 2007
Hi Thai Guy

Can i also go to the indian embassy and get my names changed on the passports?.By this the names i wrote on the immigration forums and passport and the updated forms would all be the same...I have got 60 days to submit the passports so have enough time to submit them and by that time i can get the passport name changed.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
You should have done that before they began working on your case. Now that they've finished your background check, there's no telling how they'll react to a change, however small, in your passport.

karanvir

Jan 30, 2007
Hi Thai Guy

Plz tell me the solution to this situatio..i realyy dont want any rejections at this moment or even any delays..Can i call the london immigration office and they might help me

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
If I were you, I would fill out the form exactly as you did before - with first name and last name. And if they bring up the fact that your passport doesn't show your names in the right sections, tell them you didn't think it was important (which is in fact the truth).

Assuming everything goes well and you are allowed to land in Canada, you should take the first opportunity you have to get your passport fixed.

That is my best advice.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not think it is a good idea to sent anything where yoyr name is written incorrectly.

If I was you- I would call to the embassy or write to them an email with explanation and ask them if they can wait when the mistake in you passport will be changed. But I would not send them anything that will mess everything up.

gurdeep

Star Member
Sep 25, 2007
Hello Karanvir,

You have enough time to make corrections, it is better to do it fast.

Even I am going to change the names in my and my wife's passport as per CIC forms, Before they ask me to change the names as per CIC forms. My interview done succesfully last month and now i am waiting for medical foms.

Gurdeep