+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good news and bad news

PirateJohn

Jan 31, 2020
So the good news is that I logged on to the portal today and I saw confirmation that my citizenship was approved and they mailed out my certificate!

Bad news, they sent it to the wrong address even though I filled out the form in May to update my address... And, long story, I wasn't able to get my forwarding address updated in USPS until recently, so the certificate is certainly lost in the mail forever.

I went on their site again to report that my certificate was lost, but to do that, they made me use the same form that I used back in May that they still haven't gotten around to looking at.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
So the good news is that I logged on to the portal today and I saw confirmation that my citizenship was approved and they mailed out my certificate!

Bad news, they sent it to the wrong address even though I filled out the form in May to update my address... And, long story, I wasn't able to get my forwarding address updated in USPS until recently, so the certificate is certainly lost in the mail forever.

I went on their site again to report that my certificate was lost, but to do that, they made me use the same form that I used back in May that they still haven't gotten around to looking at.
During your Oath Ceremony, have you provided the agent your new address and has he confirmed your new address during the call, if yes, then it will be sent to your new address.

PirateJohn

Jan 31, 2020
There was no oath ceremony. I was getting a certificate of citizenship because my father was born in Canada, and I only learned in 2020 that I get birthright citizenship because of that.

I mailed in my application in 2020 and when I bought a house in May, I filled out the change of address form online, but because the firm isn't automated, they haven't changed the address on my application yet and sent the certificate to my previous address.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
There was no oath ceremony. I was getting a certificate of citizenship because my father was born in Canada, and I only learned in 2020 that I get birthright citizenship because of that.

I mailed in my application in 2020 and when I bought a house in May, I filled out the change of address form online, but because the firm isn't automated, they haven't changed the address on my application yet and sent the certificate to my previous address.
Can't you write to your old address and ask them to forward it on to you?

PirateJohn

Jan 31, 2020
It's an apartment complex. I called them yesterday. They don't have it. So it probably went back to the post office, and because they didn't have my forwarding address until this week, they likely already returned it to sender.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
It's an apartment complex. I called them yesterday. They don't have it. So it probably went back to the post office, and because they didn't have my forwarding address until this week, they likely already returned it to sender.
Hello,

how did you know it was mailed ?
Is it on the tracker ?

PirateJohn

Jan 31, 2020
Hello,

how did you know it was mailed ?
Is it on the tracker ?
Yeah, I went on the tracker online and they said it had been mailed about four weeks previous. Since the post office didn't yet have my forwarding address, it had certainly been returned to sender already.

yeezee

Aug 23, 2019
USPS mail forwarding never worked for me...my mails still ended up to the old address even if I paid and received paper confirmation