+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

good enough answer for SPONSORSHIP EVALUATION # 2 ?

elyas29

Sep 9, 2011
This is what my wife filled in for SPONSORSHIP EVALUATION # 2.

In 2009, I travelled to Jordan and was living with my husband in which he was supporting me.
August 13, 2012, my husband, children, and I, came to Canada and have been living with my mother in her home. We do not pay for rent or utilities as my mother refuses to accept any payment from us. She also provides our food, clothing, medical, and transportation, as well as other expenses if needed.
In addition, we provide for ourselves from a reasonable amount of money that my husband saved from his employment in Jordan.
Currently, I am enrolled at the XXXX in XXX, Ontario, where I am in the process of completing the last credit for my Ontario Secondary School Diploma. After the completion of my OSSD, I plan to enrol in college for a translation program.
My husband applied for an Open Work Permit along with this Sponsorship Application. He has been in contact with some people in our city and they have offered him physical labour jobs when he is legally able. Eventually, he plans to continue his education and enrol in our community college.

1. Is this sufficient or how should we improve it?
2. Should my wife also include that she will be receiving Canadian Child Benefits or not?
Please help me out
Thanks

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Sounds good enough to me BUT may we know, are the children being included on the sponsorship application? Or are they citizens? And is your application 'inland' or 'outland'? The fact that you receive Child Benefits will be irrelevant, they will get all that they need from your "Option C".

Thanks.

elyas29

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks for replying truesmile.
Our children were born in Jordan, and have Canadian Citizenship. Our application is inland. My wife doesnt have an Option C because she was in Jordan for the past 3 years, not working and didnt do her taxes.
Do you think our response is sufficient or needs to be changed?
Anyone else have an opinion?

flyonthewall

Aug 20, 2012
Just because you are living abroad doesn't mean you don't have to file taxes.... even if you have no income. I suspect they may have an issue with this. I'd talk to an accountant prior to application.

Also, you will very likely require more details about how you met, how the relationship developed, and how these children came to be.

Just my two cents though and I'm not an immigration lawyer.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It is good enough as an answer for question 2. I would include proof of what you can: a letter from your mother saying she will continue to support you; proof of your savings; proof of the potential job offers, such as a letter from one of the bosses.