Good Conduct Certificate from The Netherlands

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
Hello members,

I have lived in The Netherlands for close to six months, so I am trying to obtain my good conduct certificate from The Netherlands upfront before I get the ITA. I will also be authorizing my friend (who lives there) to collect it in person for me. Anybody has any idea about the timelines or the application process?

Thanks!

KimskiNL

Dec 8, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016
AOR Received.
11-06-2016
Passport Req..
13-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2016
LANDED..........
06-01-2017 / PR card 22-02-2017
Hi.

I am from the Netherlands. Not sure if it is different for citizens, but I received my Good Conduct Certificate within two weeks.
Mind you: mail services are very unreliable nowadays, so it might be best if your friend just scans it and then sends it to you (you need to upload it digitally anyway), instead of you waiting for the original to arrive by mail.

Good luck!

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
KimskiNL said:
Hi.

I am from the Netherlands. Not sure if it is different for citizens, but I received my Good Conduct Certificate within two weeks.
Mind you: mail services are very unreliable nowadays, so it might be best if your friend just scans it and then sends it to you (you need to upload it digitally anyway), instead of you waiting for the original to arrive by mail.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot for the reply. Did you apply with it upfront or after an ITA or a request letter from IRCC? Yes my friend will send me the scanned copy first and then mail me by FedEx. Did Justis give you an option of self collection? As that would be the easiest.

KimskiNL

Dec 8, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016
AOR Received.
11-06-2016
Passport Req..
13-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2016
LANDED..........
I applied upfront. Uploaded it in the appropriate section.
Later I got a request for a Canadian PCC (since I had lived there for up to two years as well, however, the Canadian PCC was not part of the first personalized checklist).

I am not sure about pick up. They just mailed it to my Dutch address. So I guess in your case that would be your friends' address. However, I think you have to show proof of address. Not sure!

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
Thanks! I'm going to email them my documents tomorrow and also include my friend with her ID details in an authorization letter.

rtsuisse

Mar 17, 2017
Hi,

I have applied and obtained the Dutch Police Clearance certificate too. Did you guys upload just the certificate issued by the Justis or get it translated by a certified translator?

KimskiNL

Dec 8, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016
AOR Received.
11-06-2016
Passport Req..
13-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2016
LANDED..........
The certificate contains a translation, the bottom part is automatically in English.

axolotl

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Theoretically the process to get a Dutch Good Conduct Certificate is as follows.
  • Receive the ITA
  • Submit the eAPR
  • Receive a letter from the CIC, requesting the Good Conduct Certificate
  • Apply for the Good Conduct Certificate from the Dutch government
I have received the ITA and am still waiting for other documents. Is it possible to apply for the Good Conduct Certificate now instead of waiting until all other documents are ready?

(I also need a certificate from Singapore and I read that it is possible to get it simply with the ITA.)

prakkug

May 26, 2017
Hi,
Can we get the Good Conduct Certificate from The Netherlands online, I don't have any friends or colleagues there to represent. Please let me know if there is a alternate way to get it. Thank you.

Regards,
Prakash G

Isha86

Oct 5, 2015
Yes .. Someone in Netherlands can represent you if you not here. There is authorization form on Ministry of Juris website.

@Others: I got letter from CIC asking for Good Conduct Certificate from Netherlands as well..This letter came after 6 weeks of submitting my complete file ....So the process is ..

Official Ref: https://www.justis.nl/producten/vog/certificate-of-conduct/

1. Download the VOG form ( application form for Good Conduct /Dutch equivalent of PCC)
2. Take an appointment to submit form online through your municipality.
3. Pay fee online 34 Eurs. ( 43 Eurs if you pay on desk while submitting VOG application)
4. Wait for 4 weeks . Letter shall be sent to you.

PS: Appointment are not easy to get and often take at least 4 weeks. so once you receive letter from CIC asking for Good conduct /PCC make sure first take appointment to submit application for VOG

Regard,
Isha

Bastman

Jun 12, 2017
Hi,
I have received a letter from CIC asking for Netherlands PCC to be submitted in 60 days. I have stayed in Netherlands on bussiness visa for more than 6 months and am not registered with Municipal Local Database (BRP). From the link , I found out that I can apply from email as I am not staying in Netherlands neither do have someone there to help. Has anyone processed the PCC with my kind of situation and if yes how long did it take? Also do they send PCC to address of applicant in 1.1?
Any help would be highly appreciated.. Thanks

Reactions: seff786

Mimi2017

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Berlin
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
18-07-2017
File Transfer...
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
Hi,
I have received a letter from CIC asking for Netherlands PCC to be submitted in 60 days. I have stayed in Netherlands on bussiness visa for more than 6 months and am not registered with Municipal Local Database (BRP). From the link , I found out that I can apply from email as I am not staying in Netherlands neither do have someone there to help. Has anyone processed the PCC with my kind of situation and if yes how long did it take? Also do they send PCC to address of applicant in 1.1?
Any help would be highly appreciated.. Thanks
Hello @Bastman,

I will need a Dutch PCC at some point normally too. I did some research and yes it seems like they send the letter to your home address. I read it takes 2 to 4 weeks. It may depend on the post service, I suppose. :)
Did you ask for it already? I hope so!

Bastman

Jun 12, 2017
Hello @Mimi2017 ,
Yes, I applied online already and now hoping that it arrives in 2-4 weeks to my address in India. I have also requested in email to send me a scanned copy and hope they consider my request. Thanks for your reply

Reactions: Mimi2017

Bastman

Jun 12, 2017
Hi @axolotl ,
Thanks for the information. I did not find this form for Netherlands and I guess its generic form for any country. Few questions, in how many days did you get the hard copy of the certificate and which country? Did you apply beforehand and did not wait for the letter from IRCC requesting for it? Did you fill any other forms or just this form and thr fees?