+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good Character Certificate for South Sudan

bilalnawaz

Feb 20, 2019
Hi,
I need a suggestion for my case for Canadian immigration. I got ITA last September and I submitted the application with all the requested documents. Police certificate for my stay in South Sudan was not required at the time of submission. Recently I got an email from CIC that I need to provide good character certificate for my stay in South Sudan. As per the link below I need to obtain a good character certificate from the nearest embassy however there is no embassy in my home country or my country of residence. I contacted the nearest embassy and they informed me that they do not have the means to issue this certificate to me and I need to travel to South Sudan in order to obtain it. Current security situation in Juba is very bad and it is not safe to travel there.
What do you think I should do to handle this situation? I have only 28 days from now to provide this certificate.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/southsudan.html

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hi,
I need a suggestion for my case for Canadian immigration. I got ITA last September and I submitted the application with all the requested documents. Police certificate for my stay in South Sudan was not required at the time of submission. Recently I got an email from CIC that I need to provide good character certificate for my stay in South Sudan. As per the link below I need to obtain a good character certificate from the nearest embassy however there is no embassy in my home country or my country of residence. I contacted the nearest embassy and they informed me that they do not have the means to issue this certificate to me and I need to travel to South Sudan in order to obtain it. Current security situation in Juba is very bad and it is not safe to travel there.
What do you think I should do to handle this situation? I have only 28 days from now to provide this certificate.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/southsudan.html
If you where there to do business, I would suggest you contact any of your colleges whom might help you. If none exist, you only option to reach for and hire an attorney on your behalf to submit and obtain the certificate. He can scan it once he got it and send the original later. If you couldn't find any, try to contact any NGO that may have contacts with locals or lawyers on ground that might help you. an example is like this : http://southsudanngoforum.org

Another option, try to contact the administration that issues these certificates and see if you can do it remotely from where you are. This shall be your last reserve option.

Goodluck mate.

bilalnawaz

Feb 20, 2019
Hi,
Thanks for your recommendation. I was there for work and to be honest after 6 years all of my colleagues have left South Sudan. I am trying to get in touch with people on ground to get support. Let's hope it works out.

Reactions: yiso91
Dec 24, 2018
Mali
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-02-2019
Doc's Request.
29-03-2019
AOR Received.
12-02-2019
Hey @bilalnawaz, how did it work out for you? I believe the 28 days should be almost over by now, did you manage to get it? Am trying to anticipate a similar scenario coz I worked there for a couple of years some time back and on asking around I got the same response, that one has to go there. Kindly update on your case. Thanks

bilalnawaz

Feb 20, 2019
Hey @bilalnawaz, how did it work out for you? I believe the 28 days should be almost over by now, did you manage to get it? Am trying to anticipate a similar scenario coz I worked there for a couple of years some time back and on asking around I got the same response, that one has to go there. Kindly update on your case. Thanks
Hi Artemio,
I have submitted an affidavit stating that I have not done any crime in South Sudan and my stay was not more than 6 months in a row. I am still waiting for their response.
BR,
Bilal

Dec 24, 2018
Mali
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-02-2019
Doc's Request.
29-03-2019
AOR Received.
12-02-2019
Hey @bilalnawaz...just to let you know that, as expected, today I received an ADR requesting for SS PCC. I habe60 days. I will keeping watch of how your case goes. I asked my employer there but they said one has to be there physically. I spent around 20 months working there, n