+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good changes for new students

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Swathi.life said:
if the rule has to be applied from Jan Intake, by now they would have updated on the CIC website..
That's not entirely true. They posted the news that people from Czech no longer needed to apply for a TRV with the words "effective immediately" so if the proposed changes will go through Jan 1st it may be posted Jan 1st or even 2nd on CIC.

The proposed changes were posted dec 28 2012

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-12-28.asp

Since then nothing has been posted on CIC's website.

However, today I found this little PDF which is quite interesting to read.
http://www.aved.gov.bc.ca/isp/docs/Overview-of-Proposed-Changes-to-ISP.pdf

That's from January 2013 and details what parts of the current study permit regulations are proposed to change and to what or if at all.

I sure hope the proposed changes take effect jan 1st because I'm tired of twiddling my thumbs between classes.

zulfiqarmari

Nov 30, 2013
hi,
i have seen here some very sensible people. plz guide me guys.
i have been offered from uni of guelph for masters in engineering.
i intend to apply fo visa next week. can i use running finance/student loan letter as my bank statment? n if so thn wat r the chances?
plz send suggestions quickly.
stay blessed..
regards,

h_s_k

Star Member
Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This change is going be a good break-through in an international student life as he will no more remain dependent on his parents/ sponsor for his minor expenses as used to be for the first 6-month duration.

Let us all pray that it is implemented earliest by Jan'14 and latest by Sep'14 :D:D

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do we have to land post Jan 2014 to get this , in case it is implemented ? i mean this seems to be for incoming students, or who are already there too ? as study permit should have that written..

also it is dec already..within 15 days they will all go on Holidays..so, the chance of things getting implemented for Jan 2014 intake are less..

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
Swathi.life said:
do we have to land post Jan 2014 to get this , in case it is implemented ? i mean this seems to be for incoming students, or who are already there too ? as study permit should have that written..
This is what I'm most interested in knowing as well. I guess we'll all have to wait until POE to see whether we'll be allowed to work off-campus immediately, unless something is posted on the CIC website soon. I'm landing on December 30th, so I will be quite pissed off if for some reason the new rule applies only to the students who land in January 2014 for the winter semester, and not to us who land this year still.

h_s_k

Star Member
Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I ll be joining in Sept intake.

Best of luck to everybody

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elokuu said:
I will be quite pissed off if for some reason the new rule applies only to the students who land in January 2014 for the winter semester, and not to us who land this year still.
yeah..me too

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zulfiqarmari said:
hi,
i have seen here some very sensible people. plz guide me guys.
i have been offered from uni of guelph for masters in engineering.
i intend to apply fo visa next week. can i use running finance/student loan letter as my bank statment? n if so thn wat r the chances?
plz send suggestions quickly.
stay blessed..
regards,
What you should do is either use the search function on this forum to see if someone has asked a similar question and received an answer, or start a new thread. This one is about the proposed changes.

Thanks in advance for staying ON topic. :)

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elokuu said:
This is what I'm most interested in knowing as well. I guess we'll all have to wait until POE to see whether we'll be allowed to work off-campus immediately, unless something is posted on the CIC website soon. I'm landing on December 30th, so I will be quite pissed off if for some reason the new rule applies only to the students who land in January 2014 for the winter semester, and not to us who land this year still.
Check that link with the PDF that I posted. It's all in there. ;-)

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Swathi.life said:

also it is dec already..within 15 days they will all go on Holidays..so, the chance of things getting implemented for Jan 2014 intake are less..
if the new rule is in effect it will be spelled out clearly how this applies to current students and new students . But from what i understand reading the proposed rule is that u wont need a work permit u will be able to use ur study permit to work or in other words get a SIN. So I am guessing it wont matter if ur a new student or current student . Again its all speculation and to add to that speculation i heard and again emphasis on word 'heard' that change is not going to happen in jan but later may be in spring.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
Again its all speculation and to add to that speculation i heard and again emphasis on word 'heard' that change is not going to happen in jan but later may be in spring.
It absolutely is speculation. None of us knows until jan 1st.

CBIE has written a suggestion to amendments to the proposal and that could be delaying it to spring, if the proposed changes is at all pushed through. What I thought was interesting in the PDF was that a lot of CBIE's suggestions (which I believe was posted feb/march 2013) were already in the proposal.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
For All Information About that :p

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-about-workpermit-and-proposed-changes-to-immigration-rules-for-2014-t170959.0.html

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I am doing a 8 months course n post that if i enroll in 1 more course in a different college..how does the current rule imply to me ?

my 6 months count for off campus work permit starts from the 1st course ? or with very course ?

which means do i have to finish 6 months of study in Canada or in a particular college or in a course ?

srisrikanth

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2013
LANDED..........
09-08-2013
Common guys it is still under discussion, not approved yet. past 3yrs same story.