+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gonna use ArriveCAN for my 73 year old mother. I have an urgent question:

DejavuCA

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Hi, Just like the title says, will use that app for my mother. About to register now, should I give my phone number or her phone number? She doesn’t have an e-mail either. She is not very good with technology so she is not able to download the app or register to that alone.

Next question is, does it matter if I use the app or the webpage? App is easier right? What do you think? Thanks!

San050403

Jun 8, 2021
I did the ArriveCan for myself when I traveled recently. Everywhere, they just asked for the screenshot or the printout of the ArriveCAN number. I believe they ask for email and phone number so that they can contact the person after they arrive in Canada to check if they are doing good, or to instruct if they need to take an PCR, etc. So, I believe, you can provide yours and when they call or email you can say she is your mom and can assist her. However, I am not 100% sure, I am stating this out of my experience.

Also, if your mother doesn’t know English, you can give(or ask her neighbor to simply write) her a letter/note that states “She is your mom and that she doesn’t know English. And should anyone has any questions request them to contact you.” And provide your contact number and the languages she knows. I had a friend who wrote this letter few years back and the border officials called him for some clarification. Good luck!

Reactions: DejavuCA

DejavuCA

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
I did the ArriveCan for myself when I traveled recently. Everywhere, they just asked for the screenshot or the printout of the ArriveCAN number. I believe they ask for email and phone number so that they can contact the person after they arrive in Canada to check if they are doing good, or to instruct if they need to take an PCR, etc. So, I believe, you can provide yours and when they call or email you can say she is your mom and can assist her. However, I am not 100% sure, I am stating this out of my experience.

Also, if your mother doesn’t know English, you can give(or ask her neighbor to simply write) her a letter/note that states “She is your mom and that she doesn’t know English. And should anyone has any questions request them to contact you.” And provide your contact number and the languages she knows. I had a friend who wrote this letter few years back and the border officials called him for some clarification. Good luck!
Thank you so much!! That’s what I’m gonna do as well cheers!!