+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going to Toronto via Spain and US connecting flight, Do I need a transit visa?

GE

May 9, 2013
Hi, I just successfully received my Canadian PR visa (actual PR card to be process once I landed there, for now all I have is a PR visa stamp on passport). First time going to Canada. I hold a Philippine passport, currently residing in Doha for work with a Permanent Residence card/ Work Visa. Going to Canada. WOOT!

I found out that it's cheaper to book a flight from Doha to Spain to US then to Toronto.
Do I need a transit visa for Spain and US for connecting flights?

Thanks for the help in advance. GB

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GE said:
Hi, I just successfully received my Canadian PR visa (actual PR card to be process once I landed there, for now all I have is a PR visa stamp on passport). First time going to Canada. I hold a Philippine passport, currently residing in Doha for work with a Permanent Residence card/ Work Visa. Going to Canada. WOOT!
I found out that it's cheaper to book a flight from Doha to Spain to US then to Toronto.
For USA you need visa otherwise the airlines would not board you via US flight.

Rawat anil

May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 jan 2012
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
12 July 2012
Med's Done....
02 Aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11 oct 2012 DM on 15 oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
22 nov 2012
LANDED..........
16 jan 2013
for US you need transit visa and spain I think not required but i'm not sure
GE said:

pickednotes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
Try nyo po ang Cathay Pacific. They have the best deals, plus kinda cheap as well. Also, maganda ang baggage allowances nila. :)

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 03.11.2014.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If you are not going to leave the airport and go through the custom you do not need a visa because you are not entering the transiting country, you are no man's land.
The problem is if your arriving and departuring flights are a lot apart and you have 10-20 hours to wait, you can't go out to take a hotel. We had a similar situation 5 years ago when we couldn't enter EU without a visa, so we spent 20 hours in Frankfurt airport. But, it was a huge airport and they had chairs in which one could sleep.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

emiiuki said:
If you are not going to leave the airport and go through the custom you do not need a visa because you are not entering the transiting country, you are no man's land.
The problem is if your arriving and departuring flights are a lot apart and you have 10-20 hours to wait, you can't go out to take a hotel. We had a similar situation 5 years ago when we couldn't enter EU without a visa, so we spent 20 hours in Frankfurt airport. But, it was a huge airport and they had chairs in which one could sleep.
The OP was discussing the US. There is no Transit without Visa in the US.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emiiuki said:
This is not applicable for USA, for US - no visa - no boarding for any flight via US. Leaving airport or not leaving is actually immaterial.