+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going to India without TRV

ash.ch

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Good evening,

I'm looking for input on if I should travel to india after applying for my TRV or should I wait to get the counterfoil. For background I've applied for my PR through a representative, who told me it's fine to visit and to apply for the TRV from within Canada and get it stamped in India. Looking for someone else's assistance on this, who's had experience with the same. I'd highly appreciate it.
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good evening,

I'm looking for input on if I should travel to india after applying for my TRV or should I wait to get the counterfoil. For background I've applied for my PR through a representative, who told me it's fine to visit and to apply for the TRV from within Canada and get it stamped in India. Looking for someone else's assistance on this, who's had experience with the same. I'd highly appreciate it.
Thank you.
What are your grounds for qualifying for a TRV and do you have a timeline when you need to return to Canada. Do you have ITA or did you just apply for PR?

ash.ch

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
What are your grounds for qualifying for a TRV and do you have a timeline when you need to return to Canada. Do you have ITA or did you just apply for PR?
I'm on a work permit had it extended last year, my stay in India would be around 2 months. For my PR, I got a PNP and applied under that.

ash.ch

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
If your TRV is approved, you can send passport through VFS global to New Delhi for stamping, however you should send webform to address and let them know you are in India now .
Do you know anything regarding the ETA , I plan on staying there for 2 months will that be enough for the whole process? Thank you.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Do you know anything regarding the ETA , I plan on staying there for 2 months will that be enough for the whole process? Thank you.
It could take around 1-2 months but it depends on factors like how much they are busy with other applications. Sorry I don’t have accurate answer for this.