+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going to india, Planning on to marry and adding spouse in PR App.

ayush344

Jun 30, 2021
Hello everyone, my PR application(Inland App.) is in process, medical given, bio metric yet to be given. i'm planning on to going india and marry to add my partner in my PR App. what short of document i have to look after for?? and how to convince officer of my marriage? (only going to perform court marriage or related to that because not having time off from employment here in canada).

And,

if anyone been through this process, what major thing i have to look after for after coming back in flight as my marital status will be changed from single to married?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone, my PR application(Inland App.) is in process, medical given, bio metric yet to be given. i'm planning on to going india and marry to add my partner in my PR App. what short of document i have to look after for?? and how to convince officer of my marriage? (only going to perform court marriage or related to that because not having time off from employment here in canada).

And,

if anyone been through this process, what major thing i have to look after for after coming back in flight as my marital status will be changed from single to married?
It really depends on how long you have been in relationship with your future spouse. If you were in a relationship fro a long time (even before you came to Canada), then getting married with a court marraige is not a big deal.

If you've just met or have a very short time together, getting married and then leaving so soon without the traditional wedding nor honeymoon, may be an issue.

Last edited:

ayush344

Jun 30, 2021
Do you realised there is a flight ban? You can get stuck in India.
'
Sorry, to reply you guys later. Did not received notification so assumed i did not got any replies. yeah, i'm well aware of flight ban to india. And, in partial knowledge of going around that with indirect routes.

ayush344

Jun 30, 2021
It really depends on how long you have been in relationship with your future spouse. If you were in a relationship fro a long time (even before you came to Canada), then getting married with a court marraige is not a big deal.

If you've just met or have a very short time together, getting married and then leaving so soon without the traditional wedding nor honeymoon, may be an issue.
Thank you for your reply
yeah we have relationship of 2 and half year. mostly long distance. but i can show photos of us while my previous visit to india. and, photos before i came to canada. but i'm seeking more info on other document can be presented as proof on my case!
Any help would be appreciated!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply
yeah we have relationship of 2 and half year. mostly long distance. but i can show photos of us while my previous visit to india. and, photos before i came to canada. but i'm seeking more info on other document can be presented as proof on my case!
Any help would be appreciated!
Is this an arranged marriage? How much time have you spent in person dating and is the proof you have together spending time one on one, going out for dinner together, going on vacation, living together, etc.? Did you have a traditional engagement ceremony/event?

ayush344

Jun 30, 2021
Is this an arranged marriage? How much time have you spent in person dating and is the proof you have together spending time one on one, going out for dinner together, going on vacation, living together, etc.? Did you have a traditional engagement ceremony/event?
No arrange marriage. We both were friends for two years before we came into relationship. After, i made plan for a study in Canada. we came into understanding wanting the same thing. so about spent two months in relationship there before coming here. now it's been two and half year doing long distance. i spent one month with her in india and did go out couple of times. No vacation or living together anything...., I will have ceremony between two families but a casual one because of COVID and not having enough days of leave from employment. so if you think of any document to include please let me know... your response would help!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No arrange marriage. We both were friends for two years before we came into relationship. After, i made plan for a study in Canada. we came into understanding wanting the same thing. so about spent two months in relationship there before coming here. now it's been two and half year doing long distance. i spent one month with her in india and did go out couple of times. No vacation or living together anything...., I will have ceremony between two families but a casual one because of COVID and not having enough days of leave from employment. so if you think of any document to include please let me know... your response would help!
Would really suggest a more culturally appropriate ceremony even if it is very scaled back due to covid versus a court marriage. Although not an arranged marriage this doesn't sound like a western style relationship where people have been living in a marriage type relationship.

Reactions: ayush344

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Would really suggest a more culturally appropriate ceremony even if it is very scaled back due to covid versus a court marriage. Although not an arranged marriage this doesn't sound like a western style relationship where people have been living in a marriage type relationship.
It is slightly different in India. Considering a western style courtship may not be possible/appropriate/other in India.
Living together is still culturally frowned upon although now legal in India.

Possible suggestion for OP: @ayush344

If it is court marriage, have as much traditional marriage influence as possible (including tying the knot - if it is applicable/appropriate).
Again where appropriate, can a Temple/Church/Mosque marriage be considered instead?
The marriage will have to registered (Under Hindu Marriage Law if Hindu laws are followed).
Be ready to show proofs of relationship : Photos during courtship, Marriage ceremony photos and possible honeymoon photos. Proof of communication may or may not be asked.

Note: Post marriage, dependent is considered outland and will have possible delay in overall application process due to outlands not being processed currently.

ayush344

Jun 30, 2021
Yeah, we are marrying by Hindu marriage law. And, trying to show as much proof as possible with marriage certificate, Ceremony photos (Happening only between two families), Photos during courtship, Proof of Communication, and our photos from our relationship.
She is already preparing for upfront medical and PCC in india. Should be done by end of this month.
My Inland App. is TR to PR Pathway. Considering my application has started Processing. let see what happens after adding her into App.
We choose to go for this rather than spousal PR is Processing Times.

ayush344

Jun 30, 2021
It is slightly different in India. Considering a western style courtship may not be possible/appropriate/other in India.
Living together is still culturally frowned upon although now legal in India.

Possible suggestion for OP: @ayush344

If it is court marriage, have as much traditional marriage influence as possible (including tying the knot - if it is applicable/appropriate).
Again where appropriate, can a Temple/Church/Mosque marriage be considered instead?
The marriage will have to registered (Under Hindu Marriage Law if Hindu laws are followed).
Be ready to show proofs of relationship : Photos during courtship, Marriage ceremony photos and possible honeymoon photos. Proof of communication may or may not be asked.

Note: Post marriage, dependent is considered outland and will have possible delay in overall application process due to outlands not being processed currently.
My partner is not changing name (Surname) after marriage. does she have to change passport if spouse name is not present in the last page of passport? and same for me.
If you have info from experience can you advise about that?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
My partner is not changing name (Surname) after marriage. does she have to change passport if spouse name is not present in the last page of passport? and same for me.
If you have info from experience can you advise about that?
Nope. No changes required to passport for either of you.
I have gone through the same route.

diamondspark

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Yeah, we are marrying by Hindu marriage law. And, trying to show as much proof as possible with marriage certificate, Ceremony photos (Happening only between two families), Photos during courtship, Proof of Communication, and our photos from our relationship.
She is already preparing for upfront medical and PCC in india. Should be done by end of this month.
My Inland App. is TR to PR Pathway. Considering my application has started Processing. let see what happens after adding her into App.
We choose to go for this rather than spousal PR is Processing Times.
Hi! What was the outcome of your application?