+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

going to canada to see my husband for first time since we married....

bjornaas

Jul 16, 2013
Hello,

So, the last time I entered Canada was to marry my partner. I Didnt tell border control that was my reason for entering the country

I'm returning I'm 6 weeks, with a return ticket, but I fear not being allowed into the country if I say I'm back so soon to see my canadian husband. I'm from the UK

Has anyone had issues with this? Is it best to be honest and tell them I'm there to visit my husband? Any advice?

*thanks!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
If you're from the UK and have a return ticket, there are very few chances that you will be given troubles at the border. Be honest, explain that you are coming to visit your husband, and that you have a return ticket. A lot of visa-exempt (like the UK) choose to wait the process together with their partners in Canada and are allowed in without issues... as long as you don't say that you're moving to Canada, or living in Canada, it should be fine.
Good luck,
Sweden

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Hi ya,

We're in the same boat, I'm going in August to visit my wife for six months.
I have been advised just to take bank statement from u or husband to show ur ok financially during ur stay, also if he's working then a letter from employer showing he is in full time work, it shouldn't be needed in most cases but just incase u have a officer who does question or wants proof then at least u have covered everything. I do worry almost each day to, but we should be ok and get to see out partners.
Feel free to ask any questions.

If u have a visa in progress also print the email or copy the letter they send saying ur visa has been received.

bjornaas

Jul 16, 2013
Thanks for the info!
I should stop worrying. I went in last time with a single ticket, married him, and came home a few weeks later. Minimum troubles at border control then, even though I only had a one way ticket. I just wasn't sure if it would be more difficult now we are married.
He is self employed, so I'm not sure how we would get a letter which would satisy them.
I will make sure I can show I have enough funds while I'm there though!
Thanks again!