Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3, 2011
AOR Received.
March 9, 2011
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
Hello and greetings to you all.

I work for a large company and they bought over a plant in Orillia, Ontario. The plant manager there gave me a job offer (intra company transfer) and I am also a member of management with specialized knowledge (since we bought over this plant in Orillia ontario). Human resources told me to show up at the border and ask for a work permit with the cover letter they wrote and the job offer. This cover letter states that I have specialized knowledge and am a management member and they need me there in October.

Do you guys think this will actually work? Or are they just trying to avoid giving me an LMO because it is more work on their part? The plant manager there is an american citizen as well and he got an 'expat' package which involved an LMO. She said since I applied for Canadian PR and the 'expat' is more expensive for the company they prefer I go this route.

Do you guys feell this will be a waste of a trip. Also, should I fly or drive? And which border crossings will be able to give a work permit?

I was planning on showing up with the job offer, letter from human resources and the internal announcement that we bought over this plant (which was emailed to all staff).

Thanks so much

patate

Mar 12, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2011
I doubt they'll give it to you, unless it's a LMO exempt job... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit.asp

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3, 2011
AOR Received.
March 9, 2011
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
Thanks for the link...it says "intra-company transferees" are exempted...

Can I go to any border crossing? Or are certain ones only able to provide work permits?

rob21

Nov 26, 2009
210045803 said:
Thanks for the link...it says "intra-company transferees" are exempted...

Can I go to any border crossing? Or are certain ones only able to provide work permits?
To the best of my knowledge you can go to any border crossing so long as it is a border crossing that actually has an officer stationed at it. You may want to pick one that sees more traffic as I have found they are usually more knowledgable even though they all should have the same training.

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3, 2011
AOR Received.
March 9, 2011
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
rob21 said:
To the best of my knowledge you can go to any border crossing so long as it is a border crossing that actually has an officer stationed at it. You may want to pick one that sees more traffic as I have found they are usually more knowledgable even though they all should have the same training.
Thanks...that is a good point