Windsor, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-07-2021
Hello, back in July I applied for CEC (inland). I got my AoR on July 18th and the last update was Medical Passed on 18th August (and biometrics the day after) and since then no update. I am on PGWP (still valid for another 1.5 years) and have a TRV (multiple-entry V-1). I am taking leave of absence from my job in case I needed to present my proof of employment (heard a lot of rumors about V-1).

Given the very recent trend, it doesn't look like I would get any update this year or before 6 months. Now I am planning to go home in mid-January for a month and a half, was wondering what would be the protocol over here:
1. Do I need to inform IRCC about this trip?
2. If so, then should it be done before or after going back home?
3. How should it be done, through web-form?
4. If, in case, my application gets approved or get CoPR during the trip then what needed to be done?

Would this trip lengthen the process (as in, getting the PR card)? For me, going home is an absolute necessity for me, my mother has last stage liver cirrhosis but if it extends the process for another 3-5 months then I probably would cancel the trip. Hoping someone's, with previous similar experience, insight on it.

Thank you.

Last edited: