+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going back to Canada on same Visa. Please help

Oct 23, 2016
Hi Guys, I got a student permit and I went to Canada last month. I did not like the course and I have withdrawn it and in the refund application I mentioned as going back home as a reason for withdrawal. However, I wanted to go for a different course but Sep intake was closed. So I came back to India thinking I'll apply for Jan intake from India. I have applied for a different college and waiting for offer letter. Can I go back on the same visa?? My visa is valid till 2017 August.

varunnarayan

Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
Your visa has expired the day you've withdrawn from the course. If you're looking into joining a new program , You'll need to either contact the university officials or talk to a lawyer in Canada to resolve the matter.

About going to back on the old visa , You will be a Visitor and have to apply for permit from there.

Oct 23, 2016
Are you sure on that? I spoke to my consultant and they said I can take up a new course but I was not 100% sure on that. What if I contact Canada consulate people here in India? I have seen people changing the course buddy but do they have an advantage of applying to a different course coz they are already in Canada

varunnarayan

Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
That's the main mistake that you committed. You shouldn't have come back to India. You should've fixed the entire matter in Canada itself.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vinay.hanagandi said:
Hi Guys, I got a student permit and I went to Canada last month. I did not like the course and I have withdrawn it and in the refund application I mentioned as going back home as a reason for withdrawal. However, I wanted to go for a different course but Sep intake was closed. So I came back to India thinking I'll apply for Jan intake from India. I have applied for a different college and waiting for offer letter. Can I go back on the same visa?? My visa is valid till 2017 August.
i had a similar case once, a guy went to UK for masters, had family emergency and went back home after a few weeks... he applied for refund, but the first process of refund was to cancel the visa itself...
if your visa hasnt been cancelled yet, i would be amazed... personally i wouldnt take a chance and risk boarding a flight to canada, only to be put on a plane back home... if i were you i would cancel the visa first, then apply for a fresh visa... but thats my personal opinion

good luck

Oct 23, 2016
Ok, I went to vfs office and they said I can travel on the same visa. I still want to get a email confirmation so I have sent an email to consulate. So waiting for their response

Sonali221

Mar 21, 2018
i had a similar case once, a guy went to UK for masters, had family emergency and went back home after a few weeks... he applied for refund, but the first process of refund was to cancel the visa itself...
if your visa hasnt been cancelled yet, i would be amazed... personally i wouldnt take a chance and risk boarding a flight to canada, only to be put on a plane back home... if i were you i would cancel the visa first, then apply for a fresh visa... but thats my personal opinion

good luck
Dis that g
I am in same situation as yours

U applied for a fresh visa or u went to canada on same visa?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh wow good to hear that.

Can you please help me through clearing some doubts of mine.
I am also preparing my visa, if you could help it would be great.
not sure how much i can help - been away from the game for a while.

anyway IM me with all the details you can give... will see what i can do